Kraton Kraton bashing at the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the old firmware didn't fix the issue. No idea now. It must be defective?

The radio never worked properly out to distance? If it never worked properly, sounds like something you could try to return under warranty.

If it did work, and then it stopped working partly through your bash, I'd pick up a new receiver for $15.

The radio never worked properly out to distance? If it never worked properly, sounds like something you could try to return under warranty.

If it did work, and then it stopped working partly through your bash, I'd pick up a new receiver for $15.
It worked well out of the box, except I could never get the gyro to work. So I bought 3 more receivers (one for each rig) and sent back the original with the bad gyro. New units gyro worked great. At the same time (was a bad idea now that I think about it) I upgraded the firmware on the transmitter. When I went out to test in my neighborhood, I lost signal halfway down my little street that I could normally go almost all the way down before I lost enough sight to see it. I attributed that to a dense 2.4ghz WiFi environment. I live in a 90+ unit condo community and we all have WiFi.

Went to do a speed run out in the country with my Typhon where radio interference couldn’t be to blame and lost signal 20’ away on a brand new receiver.

Then took my Kraton to the RC track right after that and the Kraton would lose signal as well. That was the first run with that receiver as well.

Yesterday I tested the third (previously unused) receiver and it fails as well.

I’ve ran all three versions of their firmware. I’ve contacted the seller, RC Juice, who no longer offers any warranty on Radiolink, and his suggestion was to inspect the antenna in the transmitter, which I did. Everything seems fine in there. I’ve tried 6 sets of batteries. Some new Duracell alkalines, generic alkalines, and some NiMH rechargeables.

I’m about to run with my STX2 at this point!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back