Outcast Outcast 4s broken chassis at hinge pin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PittsburghJason

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have done the m2c hinge pin modification to my last 2 chassis' and have been breaking the chassis at the hinge pin and bending pins ever since. Although I do not think the modification is the problem as I landed on the corner, 20 feet up coming off a double bf and it was hard enough to break anything, but it just seems like I am making it easier for hinge pin problems and I am not doing the mod on this next chassis.

Can you explain in more detail the M2C hinge pin modification. Or is it pulling out of the front of the chassis where the pivot pin aluminum block is or is it pulling out of the chassis where the pin tucks into the chassis? And I have the M2C chassis brace on mine and I made my own hinge pin blocks and installed longer pins. No big problems with chassis since then.

Can you explain in more detail the M2C hinge pin modification. Or is it pulling out of the front of the chassis where the pivot pin aluminum block is or is it pulling out of the chassis where the pin tucks into the chassis? And I have the M2C chassis brace on mine and I made my own hinge pin blocks and installed longer pins. No big problems with chassis since then.
I bent the m2c pin and it ripped the 2 rear hinges going i to the chassis. The front m2c block and hinge had no damage. Very hard crash.

Man, that just sounds like bad luck. I send mine to the moon on a regular basis, and I’ve never tore out the back hinge pin area in the chassis.. make sure when you put it back together that the pins are straight.

I guess if my reading comprehension was better, I would’ve seen where it said you bent the M2C pins. That had to be an ugly crash.

In the end this is a plastic chassis truck. It can only be so strong. Sometimes our expectations need to be adjusted that or our driving style.
Any given material is only so strong. If we send them we need to understand we are going to break them.

I've personally been blown away with the stock brace/pins & chassis on my big rock. I've had the truck exactly 1 year on the 12th and I've not broken any of this. I've sent that thing super hard.. just the other night I ran dead smack into a curb topped out. No visible damage.

I've been in this hobby a long time and I'm always confused as heck at what some people break on a normal basis.

Broke the chassis on my Kraton 4s at the hingepin a few weeks ago. It was the first thing I have broken on the truck so not really made. Did always think that was the weak part. Anyways no xlwb chassis in stock so decided to stretch it a little. Got the Mojave xxlwb chassis, brace and driveshaft. Made a little spacer for the body and all is good.

Broke the chassis on my Kraton 4s at the hingepin a few weeks ago. It was the first thing I have broken on the truck so not really made. Did always think that was the weak part. Anyways no xlwb chassis in stock so decided to stretch it a little. Got the Mojave xxlwb chassis, brace and driveshaft. Made a little spacer for the body and all is good.
Never thought about it, but I guess the Outcast can be changed to a Kraton or a Mojave with a chassis, driveshaft and chassis brace, plus a body. Any other parts needed? What is the spacer for? Mojave chassis with Outcast wheels would be cool for zooming around.

That front hinge pin has been the only weak spot for me 3 chassi breaks. M2c was out of stock on hinge pins. So I ordered typhon TLR hinge pins. And drilled the chassi deep enough that the hinge pin sticks out 3mm past the red brace. Hinge pin material seems better on the typhon TLR hinge pins.
Time will tell?

Never thought about it, but I guess the Outcast can be changed to a Kraton or a Mojave with a chassis, driveshaft and chassis brace, plus a body. Any other parts needed? What is the spacer for? Mojave chassis with Outcast wheels would be cool for zooming around.

Well the mojave arms, axles, tie rods, shocks, driveshaft, center brace, and towers are different from the outcast.

Back