Kraton Kraton EXB First Run Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culminate6391

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Tried looking around but just found specific individual topics....I'm wondering if there's a list of things to set/check going out for the first run. Like setting the droop, end points, etc. Not really looking for an upgrade list just tuning settings that might not be properly set from the factory?

Before your inaugural run you will want to check a few things. I wish I had.

On my first run I nearly melted my center diff and the handling was horrendous. I discovered the overheated center diff when I picked up the car with one hand and placed my hand directly on the searing hot underbelly where the center diff is. I'm not exaggerating. That spot on the chassis was untouchable for a few minutes. The handling was so bad I knew there had to be something not right with it.

Anyhow. Here is a checklist that will get you going.

1) Check the fluid levels in all four shocks. Many people have experienced their ARRMA shocks not being full on arrival. Me as well. Of the four shocks on my K6EXB three were nearly empty and one was 80% full.

2) Check that all three diffs are shimmed, oiled, and lubed. My center diff was nearly empty upon arrival and the other two had very little lubrication in them.

3) Adjust the droop so your axles don't pop out.

4) Adjust the end points so you don't burn out your servo.

5) Readjust the mesh. They may have gotten this correct in the factory but since it's so easy to perform it's not worth the risk.

TL;DR Adjust the mesh. Check all the fluids, and for loose screws.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back