Kraton Kraton EXB first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFunkalupicus

Professional Cat Wrangler
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Vendetta
Took my Kraton EXB out last night for its first run and had a bunch of fun with it. Sadly, I had to settle for blasting around the parking lot, road, and field near the place I work. It’s not the most exciting place but there is no traffic at all and the other two spots I had in mind were too busy with other people. This thing handles wayyyyy better than I expected and coming from the crawler world, the speed had me grinning like a kid. I think for general bashing I am going to stick with running 4S and use 6S for showing off.

I did notice I was having some brown outs when relying on the Mamba Monster 2 internal BEC + rx capacitor so tonight I am adding an external BEC and since I’m doing that I decided to swap the cheap Amazon servo for an AGFRC A86BHM. I’m looking forward to seeing how the steering is after the upgrades.

Last edited:
Are u familiar with programmable servos?
Do you really need a UBEC? Any decent ESC should supply enough BEC amps and volts. I find 35 kg is fine for most 6s rigs. Of course the more torque the merrier. Using a UBEC is just a crutch on a basher.
The programmable $servo$ above will need 8.4 BEC volts to get the maximum 55 kg output. At 6v BEC, it only puts out 40 kg.
In real world use these values are actually less than Mfr specs. All brands of servos test lower than advertised. Off by as much as 30%.
Good luck.

Yes...very familiar with programmable servos. I am running the same brand in a few of my crawlers. In this case, the external BEC isn't overkill IMHO. Even with a cap in the receiver, it was still pulling enough to cause the system to brownout. I already have the BEC laying around and my receiver can handle the voltage so I might as well use it and take full advantage of my servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back