Kraton My new EXB 6s RTR broke on the first run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I have an old EXB 6S that I bash on every day. So Sunday I decided to take the new EXB RTR off the wall and actually run it and within 10 minutes I broke the outdrive cup, it just exploded. I have upgraded ones that I replaced it with. It was fairly easy to change. I also topped off the fluid. I was just a little disappointed that I have never broke an outdrive on a Kraton before and within 10 minutes this one broke. I guess there has to be something to upgrade oh and I like the way it handled it really felt good. It took jumps pretty well too. Once I get it cleaned up. I’ll put it back on the wall and go back to old faithful.

I would have to agree with you. I’ve seen plenty of upgrades that weren’t as good as stock. However, I’ve been looking around and This seems to be a common problem. The one I replaced it with I bought years ago, but I’ve never had to use one due to it shattering the way this one did, only time will tell.

I seen a few posts on here the cups are breaking on the new EXB K6. That stinks man. What did you swap into the broken outdrives place?

I seen a few posts on here the cups are breaking on the new EXB K6. That stinks man. What did you swap into the broken outdrives place?
I re-read it. My bad. You had one.

RCAWD outdrives
RCAWD Outdrive.PNG

Is this a droop setting issue? I feel like i've heard alot of people say that broken drive cups come from not having your droop set properly.

Is this a droop setting issue? I feel like i've heard alot of people say that broken drive cups come from not having your droop set properly.
or over compression in the shock allowing the dogbone to be pinched between the arm and prying up on the cup until failure.

When I get to a point where it’s cleaned up, I’ll go through the suspension settings and probably put a bump stop on the shocks. It was definitely caused by an over compression landing from a jump of 10 feet high came down a little heavy on the side that broke..

Back