Kraton Kraton shock oil confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
im in the process of doing my shocks....the manual says the kraton uses 1000 cst oil,,,,,weight,,which seems kind of heavy. I was under the impresoon that 30 wt was the stock oil.....I want to stiffen the suspension a little. I don’t bash that hard just want a good ride for general use. Team associated oil says 1000 cst is 80wt. Is this going to stiffen the ride to much? What do you suggest is a good middle of the road shock oil.......I kinda want to keep the stock springs if possible. Thanks guys.....

Last edited:
I think V 2 was 800 in front and 600 rear but V 3 is 1000 front and rear but the V 3 springs are considerably stiffer. Hence the heavier oil.

I think V 2 was 800 in front and 600 rear but V 3 is 1000 front and rear but the V 3 springs are considerably stiffer. Hence the heavier oil.
Thanks...I need to stiffen the shocks a bit,,it’s a little to soft for my taste. What would be a stiffer oil that I could use

On my outcast, I'm actually using 40% associated 2000wt diff oil with 60% stock oil in all 4 shocks. I have the 2018 outcast which has stiffer springs than the Tekno orange springs everyone changes to. I didn't have any 1K arrma oil to replace, so using a syringe, I sucked the same amount out of all 4 shocks and topped them back up with the 2K stuff. So really, the rears probably are closer to 75/25 vs 60/40.

The oil really was 1000wt in the shocks. Very heavy stuff for "stock" shocks. Must have a lot of holes in the pistons or have really large holes, because the damping it gives isn't anything near what even 50wt has in any of my other trucks.

im in the process of doing my shocks....the manual says the kraton uses 1000 cst oil,,,,,weight,,which seems kind of heavy. I was under the impresoon that 30 wt was the stock oil.....I want to stiffen the suspension a little. I don’t bash that hard just want a good ride for general use. Team associated oil says 1000 cst is 80wt. Is this going to stiffen the ride to much? What do you suggest is a good middle of the road shock oil.......I kinda want to keep the stock springs if possible. Thanks guys.....
I've seen a couple video's on what shock oil wt would be a good decision and I am going with 45wt

This chart comes in handy for me:
524064d1259070314-shock-oil-conversion-cst-not-cst-cstchart.jpg

TT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back