Typhon Shock oil for track use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedijed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi there, what shock oil do you suggest for a rough track? Right now my car seems to nose dive. This is an older 4 year old car. Not sure what oil is in it now

Nothing wrong with this question, just that it is a loaded one for sure.
Why are you jumping to oils right away? Maybe you have a good reason. IDK. Can you be more specific. Are the shocks filled and bled properly. If not, that is a start. But consider using the stock Cst oil before jumping to another type . So you know that the shock(s) are not part of your issues. Have you adjusted Shock preload yet? With rough tracks going to a thinner oil can work , if the spring rates are also well enough. They work hand in hand.

>>>You never stated the model you race with. And what you have tried already. What you describe may not really be nose diving.

I would makes sure everything is working properly in stock configuration and then make only one change at a time. That includes shock adjustments and oil changes at one end only. Evaluating every change for a positive result. Changing out too much right away and things can get worse. And you will be chasing a ghost. Wondering why.
Nose diving can be caused for numerous reasons. A simple change of the Front and Rear ride height can sometimes solve this. And many other things can contribute to Nose diving. There is no one shock Specific OIL, per se, for a Rough track or nose diving. Much is trial and error, together with shock spring rate changes.
Nose diving can even be due to a stiffer Rear end vs the Front. So the chassis does a forward rotation, too quickly to recover. Common. All this depends where on the track you are nose diving predominantly.
I don't know what level of RC'ing you are at. I could go on , but don't want to confuse you.
Need more info.

Last edited:
If you're not sure what's in there best to change it out to a known viscosity. I'd suggest 500-600cst to start. Check the pistons while you're at it.

Back