Kraton Kraton V5 Front Bumper Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off2War

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all,

What is everyone using for their front bumper on the new V5?

Does the EXB bumper fit the V5, and if so, what screws/fasteners are required to install it?

Cheers

100% get the exb front bumper. Some get the T bone to be cool, some get the RPM because they are stuck on rpm but the beast mode bashers get the exb bumper ?
No really it's bad ass and comes with the needed parts. You will just take off the one stock on your V5 and boom. And the price is on point.

100% get the exb front bumper. Some get the T bone to be cool, some get the RPM because they are stuck on rpm but the beast mode bashers get the exb bumper ?
No really it's bad ass and comes with the needed parts. You will just take off the one stock on your V5 and boom. And the price is on point.
Coms without screws and doesn't hold that well. mine broke from taking off from gravel piles. But it can be jerry rigged to a better bumper.
But i will stick to rpm fore now.
20201113_050113.jpg
20201113_050127.jpg

Last edited:
Dam that sucks.... Yes everywhere i have read states it does not come with the screws, which seems kind of silly.

I have noticed on the rpm website it says the bumper does not fit the V5, although i have seen a few youtube vids with it installed so i'm not sure

Last edited:
I'm over 20 packs in and my exb bumper is not broken. Rpm is outdated as fiddlestick, nothing new just making $ off old designs.
I can do like the above a post some pics of a broken rpm bumper and say it broke while sitting at idle but I bash hard and can go off what I know holds up?

16078571038643435784568923896466.jpg

1607857202594598354032562217883.jpg

You can fit it, but a little grinding i required by the larger diff bump the v5 got. Easy done
Grind on that rpm bumper and see if they still warranty it?

I'm over 20 packs in and my exb bumper is not broken. Rpm is outdated as fiddlestick, nothing new just making $ off old designs.
I can do like the above a post some pics of a broken rpm bumper and say it broke while sitting at idle but I bash hard and can go off what I know holds up?
I think every bumper breaks at one point, so to recommend one that doesn't is i harder task. Wee use what we like and ask when we don't have the answer. ??

i really like my RPM arms.. i don't mind that they didn't update those because if fits without any problems.
but 100% with you, on the bumper. They designed it for the v3, so to even move to v4 you have to buy additional parts, and thats dumb.

I really wanted their bumper, but don't want to put an old design + other parts on to make it work, so i went with EXB.

Also see their version notes on RPM:
Version Notes: If you own a V3 or V4 Kraton running a #AR320432 front bumper, you will need to swap it with the front bumper / hinge pin retainer from #AR330230 before our bumper will work on your truck. V5 & EXB owners, our bumper is not a direct fit on your truck.

Last edited:
I ordered the exb bumper and the screws from the exb manual, so hopefully it will be a direct fit with no issues.

View attachment 113767

View attachment 113768

Rpm warranty is a joke anyway. You have to send the old one back to them first.
i really like my RPM arms.. i don't mind that they didn't update those because if fits without any problems.
but 100% with you, on the bumper. They designed it for the v3, so to even move to v4 you have to buy additional parts, and thats dumb.

I really wanted their bumper, but don't want to put an old design + other parts on to make it work, so i went with EXB.

Also see their version notes on RPM:
Version Notes: If you own a V3 or V4 Kraton running a #AR320432 front bumper, you will need to swap it with the front bumper / hinge pin retainer from #AR330230 before our bumper will work on your truck. V5 & EXB owners, our bumper is not a direct fit on your truck.
They designed it for the V1 not the V3, the V3 and newer cars you have to buy the Typhon bumper or else your front hinge pins fall out.

View attachment 113767

View attachment 113768

Dk3000- do you have the v5 kraton? I got the exb bumper in the mail today. But where it screws on up front my car only has 2 screw holes not 3? I'm super lost on how that works

Dk3000- do you have the v5 kraton? I got the exb bumper in the mail today. But where it screws on up front my car only has 2 screw holes not 3? I'm super lost on how that works
You need to make sure you install this part.
6354tergfdsled.jpg

I just installed the Arrma bumper. After reading the issues with RPM slim piece breaking & even with the 1/2 pay warranty of $10 for a $15 part I went Arrma...BUT... was pretty pissed when I went to install and they don’t tell you you have to purchase Hardware to install!! You use some stock screws, but need 5 others🤬😤👊🏻

3266E100-AC9E-4190-A715-28A0A1F8A869.jpeg

I just installed the Arrma bumper. After reading the issues with RPM slim piece breaking & even with the 1/2 pay warranty of $10 for a $15 part I went Arrma...BUT... was pretty pissed when I went to install and they don’t tell you you have to purchase Hardware to install!! You use some stock screws, but need 5 others🤬😤👊🏻

View attachment 130481
Arrma assumes you are buying the parts as replacements for the stock parts on the EXB. Stock parts normally do not include screws.
That being said you can never have too many screws.
bBLKLkD.jpg

Arrma assumes you are buying the parts as replacements for the stock parts on the EXB. Stock parts normally do not include screws.
That being said you can never have too many screws.
View attachment 130490
I hear ya, But they shouldn’t assume or they should realize it’s an add on & hardware used on truck isn’t enough to put bumper together and it’s being added to a truck that doesn’t have bumper period🤔 Especially when they give you supports to attach when adding bumper to truck. You obviously don’t have issues with hardware 😉 someone like myself just messing around with RC again doesn’t have diddly.( small screws) I only have big hardware for BIG projects. However, after today the “small” collection starts.....

FD24E6AF-7CD4-42AD-BDE9-46E01C193E62.jpeg

I Also had the exb bumper. The weak connector brace in the front broke on the 2nd run. Switched to the rpm bumper and haven't had an issue since. It was also much easier to install than the exb bumper.

Despite of what people say about the RPM bumpers on here, I've had zero issues with it, countless times of bad head on landing and it just laughs at me. I've broken everything else BUT the front RPM bumper.

My exb bumper broke within 2-3 runs on a new truck. Granted the weather was very cold so that didn't help. I have had a rpm on the front since and haven't had a single issue with it yet. Seems if nothing else the rpm handles the cold better than the exb.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back