Outcast Kraton worth buying if you own an Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickle007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I own an Outcast and enjoy it very much was just wondering if the Kraton is worth buy or is it to similar to the Outcast?

Don't own one, but the consensus is that they're easier to handle, even as a basher. Everything good about an Outcast/Notorious but more stable because of the longer wheelbase. It can still wheelie, just not every time you throttle like the Outcast. You could always buy the Kraton chassis, longer rear dogbone (from the center to rear dif) and longer rear chassis brace and switch back and forth.

The Notorious is more agile than the Kraton both when jumping or general driving. The Kraton is more stable, and easier to drive as a result.
I'd say the Kraton is worth buying if you have a Notorious. Although all the Arrma 6s RCs are very capable and overlap functionally each has a little 'niche'.

They are totally different. I bought an Outcast first then a Talion because I didnt want the same type of truck but later switched my Outcast to a long wheel base for jump control..I love my Outcast because it was my first Arrma but everyday I like the Talion more....Its all about what you like to do with them...

IMG_2805.jpg

I’m also debating what to get for my second Arrma. I don’t know of any tracks nearby so thinking something more parking lot capable than the Notorious.

I run my three cars in a parking lot. The Notorious is worth considering as it can be wheelie-tastic (calmed mine down with lower profile wheels/tyres) and a lot of fun. The Typhon’s a good choice as well, smaller/cheaper wheels/tyres although it’s definitely a lot more squirrely than a Talion or Notorious.
My Talion just blasts about and behaves itself in comparison to the other 2.

I run my three cars in a parking lot. The Notorious is worth considering as it can be wheelie-tastic (calmed mine down with lower profile wheels/tyres) and a lot of fun. The Typhon’s a good choice as well, smaller/cheaper wheels/tyres although it’s definitely a lot more squirrely than a Talion or Notorious.
My Talion just blasts about and behaves itself in comparison to the other 2.
Notorious is the only one I have right now and my first surface RC in 20+ years. Talion looks enticing but I wonder if it’s too much for me at this point.

Sorry, should have clocked your avatar!
You’d be fine with a Talion. It was my first proper RC and I’ve been fine. Well, pretty much lol. That said though, I am looking forward to using the Typhon more (just got it) and think it’s a great match for parking lots.

I got an Outcast first, Kraton, then the Typhon.
I love all three of them, and they all perform quite differently. But to be honest, 9/10 times I grab the Kraton almost every time over the other two.

If I could only keep one of them...... it would be the Kraton.

Last edited:
I like the Notorious and Kraton about equally when it comes to bashing. When it comes to wrenching, a Kraton>Notorious all day long.

I thought they shared a lot of parts between the two. What makes the Kraton easier?

More room in the Kraton due to longer wheelbase. Also, the high Notorious/Outcast side chassis guards make certain tasks a pain as well. I have to remove one to remove the motor/pinion (w/HR channel lock motor mount).

More room in the Kraton due to longer wheelbase. Also, the high Notorious/Outcast side chassis guards make certain tasks a pain as well. I have to remove one to remove the motor/pinion (w/HR channel lock motor mount).

i agree with this just from having the kraton, outcast, and senton; the shorter chassis/wheelbase and width make things a little more cumbersome.

I enjoyed running my Talion in parking lots with the SRC Street crushers...that is until I bought the Typhon. With the 16T pinion, 6S battery and GRP wheels, the Typhon is a blast in wide open parking lots. The handling is crisp and precise. The GRP wheels allow for just the right amount of drift. I lowered the stance about a half inch and use it exclusively for on-road use. I just bought the Notorious for bashing and am having a blast having just pulled off my first back flip. As a previous poster mentioned, the longer wheel base on the Kraton and Talion will provide better stability at higher speeds but will be slightly less agile and nimble.

I got an Outcast first, Kraton, then the Typhon.
I love all three of them, and they all perform quite differently. But to be honest, 9/10 times I grab the Kraton almost every time over the other two.

If I could only keep one of them...... it would be the Kraton.
I agree, if you could choose only 1, the Kraton or Talion seem to be the best "all-purpose" or "all-terrain" of the models.

Definitely the Typhon. The Kraton/Notorious are "relatively" similar compared to the Typhon. The nimble handling of the Typhon is unmatched by any of the other Arrmas.

I enjoyed running my Talion in parking lots with the SRC Street crushers...that is until I bought the Typhon. With the 16T pinion, 6S battery and GRP wheels, the Typhon is a blast in wide open parking lots. The handling is crisp and precise. The GRP wheels allow for just the right amount of drift. I lowered the stance about a half inch and use it exclusively for on-road use. I just bought the Notorious for bashing and am having a blast having just pulled off my first back flip. As a previous poster mentioned, the longer wheel base on the Kraton and Talion will provide better stability at higher speeds but will be slightly less agile and nimble.

What GRP wheels/tyres did you pick up for the Typhon ?
I often drive in parking lots and use Road Crushers on my Talion and Notorious. I just picked up a Typhon I'm looking to change the stock wheels/tyres for something that'd be better on road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back