Lap timing at home options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Hey guys, anyone have any ideas on how I could time laps on a course that i usually setup with pylons and ramps in my back field? Like is there a system one of my fellow mega nerds have tried? I’d have to mortgage my neighbour’s house and sell his douchey poodle to buy a Mylaps setup. There must be another way I can get accurate lap timing. I just need the actual lap times. I don’t give a poodle about timing each section right now.
IMG_3307.png

Last edited:
Sub'd! Have been wondering if there are any DIY solution to this for a long time. Me and a buddy run laps at an impromptu track we set up at a vacant parking lot. Would be nice to have things slightly more competitive and have a way to monitor lap times 🤓

Hey guys, anyone have any ideas on how I could time laps on a course that i usually setup with pylons and ramps in my back field? Like is there a system one of my fellow mega nerds have tried? I’d have to mortgage my neighbour’s house and sell his douchey poodle to buy a Mylaps setup. There must be another way I can get accurate lap timing. I just need the actual lap times. I don’t give a poodle about timing each section right now.View attachment 340644
Sounds silly, but I run my stuff on a Bicycle Velodrome (1/4 mile banked Oval) much of the time.
I found that If I set a video cam at a designated Start line, I can clock my laps later on by watching my videos. Quite very accurately as well. Just not while you are there will you know. The Video's Time stamp clocks my rig, each lap. Each pass. Pause the video at each pass, and notice your Lap time. Then its simple Subtraction math...
It truly works. A cheap AMZ Cam is all you need or any cam set still at the Start/Finish line.
>>I also mounted cheap Cube cams on my rig and does basically the same thing. Just harder to judge. But I also like some Raw "on Chassis" running footage as well. Just they can fall off and break eventually.

Last edited:
I’m gonna figure some poop out, I’ll keep ya posted homes

I've been seriously considering this. Dang this forum.

I keep trying to prevent this hobby from being a money pit for me, but you guys... You definitely know how to push the right buttons! :ROFLMAO:
Right?! LOL
I know my bro has mentioned the idea before, could save me some money if we split it down the middle..🤔😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back