no power at the track options (other than generator)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strodedawg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread i have some questions but here is what is the situation at the track i am dealing with:

1- obviously no power at the track so I need a power source
2- generator is not in the plans right now

my set up:
electric 5th scale racing

2x 6s 7600 mah packs (so 15,200 mah) per run
capaciity needed if i run in practice, quals and mains (assume 6 runs max) so i would need a total of 91,200 mah
charging @7.6A per pack, 15.2A total

this is my charger both AC/DC
https://www.rcjuice.com/chargers-acc...e-charger.html

i understand that that total capacity might not reflect what i actually need as we do not run our lipos to zero capacity

can a car battery supply that much power for a full day? is there a power bank that can handle that much charging?

any help would be appreciated
thank you

Without knowing how much time between runs you may have to show up with 6 packs (3sets) charged and rotate charging from first to last sets as the day progresses. A stand-alone decent size automotive 12v battery should be able to charge them all back up for the 6 run total

1000 wh power banks exist, but at a high cost. You'd probably be better served by using one or two car batteries. Google seems to think they are around 500 to 1000 wh per battery. I wonder if you could use several older batteries (used) and get the same results on the cheap.

Vehicle battery can charge whatever, for days, years, if you start the engine once in a while.. 🤷

Unless of course you don't want to walk to the car..

Jackery 1000 is on sale on Amazon. $350 off. Kinda pricey, but i think its worth every penny. it'll definitely be more useful than just a lipo charger PS. I take it camping mostly and even got the jackery 300 for quick bashing charges. I think I could get about 4-5 full charges on a 3s 5000mah batt out of the 300.
Screenshot_20240303_102354_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Jackery 1000 is on sale on Amazon. $350 off. Kinda pricey, but i think its worth every penny. it'll definitely be more useful than just a lipo charger PS. I take it camping mostly and even got the jackery 300 for quick bashing charges. I think I could get about 4-5 full charges on a 3s 5000mah batt out of the 300. View attachment 352372
Nope. I’ll save $1K and use my car battery with a cheap inverter.

Back