Large Lipo Packs // Extreme DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recycled 18650 Lion cells are a big thing these days.
Doing this is Not for the faint of heart. Done slowly and methodical, you can end up with a nice pack. Done carelessly and haphazard will get you hurt, Thermal runaway is no joke. I've watched many videos like this. Buying a new similar E-Bike Pack would cost several $hundreds$.... I know.
Most EV's use 18650 Lion cells, hundreds of them. Why EV's cost thousands to replace a Battery of these cells.

Last edited:
Recycled 18650 Lion cells are a big thing these days.
Doing this is Not for the faint of heart. Done slowly and methodical, you can end up with a nice pack. Done carelessy and haphazard will get you hurt, Thermal runaway is no joke. I've watched many videos like this. Buying a new similar E-Bike Pack would cost several $hundreds$.... I know.
Most EV's use 18650 Lion cells, hundreds of them. Why EV's cost thousands to replace a Battery of these cells.

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

It's like playing with dynamite!

NOT for the careless.
fresh prince of bel air explosion GIF

I always wondered why no RC brand ever came up with a scale EV chassis design like this. I would love to make a 1/5 scale Model S Plaid RC car. Motors on axels and Battery Regeneration when braking, and all.

I always wondered why no RC brand ever came up with a scale EV chassis design like this. I would love to make a 1/5 scale Model S Plaid RC car. Motors on axels and Battery Regeneration when braking, and all.
I want to build a 4s liion pack with 21700 cells. The molicell p45b could be good for an rc car project as well (4500mah, 45A discharge, 184W for 10s, SOC 90% and 168W for 10 seconds, SOC 50%). Maybe an 8s 3p battery pack? 24 cells +20% weight in wires and casing is just under 2kg. 184watts *24 = 4.4kw. 16.2Wh * 24 = 390Wh. Not as powerfull and punchy as a lipo but good enough I guess. Or more cells in parallel...
And 7,65€ * 24= 184 €:oops:

IMG_20231210_212828.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back