Senton Lesson learned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
Picture 1) So I guess I learned my lesson here. I thought a quick shower would be enough. I saw all the sand and grit that was still stuck so I was going to just quickly disassemble the motor and esc/servo pack off of the chassis. Upon further inspection and the more I took things apart I found mud within the gearbox. Good thing I quit when I did.

Picture 2) Is this the correct lube I want put on the gears and bearings when putting it all back together?

20200301_160518.jpg
20200301_160626.jpg

That is why I think one of those dusty motors covers is practically essential, I can't believe how much crap gets in the tray of my Typhon considering how close fitting the body is.

I want to order one but I'm not sure what size.

I prefer to use a dry lubricant to keep it from attracting dirt and stuff. I use chain lube for the wax coating it provides.
This is the brand I have but there are many others that are less costly and easier to apply.
Screenshot_20200301-174554_Amazon Shopping.jpg

For the spur and pinion I use this. For bearings I use Slip oil from AVID Racing. Some use grease, some use oil on bearings. Both work in different ways but for bashing, both will do the trick.

I prefer to use a dry lubricant to keep it from attracting dirt and stuff. I use chain lube for the wax coating it provides.
This is the brand I have but there are many others that are less costly and easier to apply.
View attachment 67768

For the spur and pinion I use this. For bearings I use Slip oil from AVID Racing. Some use grease, some use oil on bearings. Both work in different ways but for bashing, both will do the trick.
I race landyachts on beaches so I'm used to bearings, some people swear oil makes them faster but IMO the oil just doesn't stay in there long enough and any short gain can be lost in just a few minutes. Personally I use a light grease, not sure what it is but it's blue and came in a tub big enough to last me a lifetime!

I got the Dusty Motors cover for the Senton 3s (not sure if there is one specifically for the Senton 3s, but this one was advertised as such).

I'm not sure if I've fitted it right, but there's still gaps where stuff could get in, though it does cover the top of the chassis nicely. It's under the side impact bars that it doesn't cover, so stuff could get flicked up into the chassis through those.

I've not run the truck yet though (not had time with a new baby and lots of house DIY going on), so I can't say how well the cover works yet.

I can send a pic of how I've fitted it if you like.

New Baby, congrats! I've been there twice and I know how much time they suck out of your life, still worth every minute though.

New Baby, congrats! I've been there twice and I know how much time they suck out of your life, still worth every minute though.
Well, not quite yet - the baby is due 3 weeks today, so we've been running around trying to sort the house out, painting rooms and trying to get everything ready. This is child number 2, so our first has just been moved into the spare bedroom so we can decorate her old room ready for the baby. Also this week we have fitted wardrobes going in the bedrooms (something we've needed for years, but has ended up being left until the last minute, typically).

Anyway, hopefully I'll soon get some time in the spring/summer to actually take the Senton out and run it. I've wrenched on it plenty, but literally not driven it an inch!

You know the drill then! We found baby number 2 was much easier, you already know what you're doing and you worry less.

You know the drill then! We found baby number 2 was much easier, you already know what you're doing and you worry less.
Sorry, only just seen this. Hopefully yes, but with this whole Coronavirus thing we have an entirely different collection of things to worry about. (Availability of baby supplies and restrictions around hospitals etc.)

They have titanium lube that's tiny ball bearings. It's workings awesome. I'll post a pic later when I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back