Kraton This just in! Things I learned today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COJeepRenegade

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Here we go. In no particular order:

1. The Kraton 6s with an EXB bumper will hurt when it hits you, runs up your shin, then rolls over and plays dead in front of you. Your son will laugh as you rub your shin, grimace, and try not to spill your coffee. This event was proof for me that stupid hurts.

2. Two of these don't really seem to want to fit in a Kraton at the same time. No matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get them in there, even though the sale page on Amazon lists dimensions (138*47*39MM) that seem to match up well with what Arrma says should fit (158 x 48 x 70mm). (My shin is glad that I was only running on 3s at the time of the unfortunate incident, as opposed to running on 6s, which surely would have had higher velocity, and therefore significantly more energy when it collided with my poor, unsuspecting, stupid leg).

3. The Senton bumper is capable of protecting the car in the event of stupid drivers. I'm not sure if it's broken now because of the Kraton/Senton collision that happened today, or because of the Senton/curb collision that happened last time I had it out. Either way, I'm lucky that there's no license required to run these things, because if there were, mine would surely be revoked.

Even in spite of the issues, my son and I had a lot of fun today. I actually got my 17 y.o. to laugh and smile with me. Pretty remarkable stuff.

Can't wait to get an 8s Kraton or Notorious and a pair of these. ;-)

The things we learn !

The batteries fit easily, not sure what you are doing, don't forget that the tray height can be extended as well.
I did lift up the extender at the front of the tray. Absolutely COULD NOT get both batteries in. Do they go side by side, rather than one atop the other?

This must be a noob issue.

Seriously? It's removable? Dang it. I looked at it, but didn't see how to take it off.

I'll. Be. Dipped.

Darned thing slid right out when I depressed the little tab in the middle. Now, I could stack the batteries in the tray without the "lid" getting in the way. Velcro straps hold everything in place, right? Anyone have a pic they can show me so that I can see what it looks like? Sorry to be a pest, but I'm deferring to the folks with the greater knowledge, and I appreciate their help as I navigate this new territory.

Thanks in advance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back