Limitless Limitless GT Drag car gearing help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orbens

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave
Hi, I am starting to build a new Limitless v2 for drag only
- Castle 1721 - 2400KV motor w/ ??t pinion I think about 22
- Stock spur - 39T
- MMX8S ESC
- 2X CHNL 120C 5600mAh racing 4S LiPo
- Stock Diffs
- Spektrum RC SR6100AT with avc
- BETU servo 55KG 8.4V
- BSR foam wheels (XXPink)

I want to achieve 132ft under 1.8 sec what pinion i need to install?
can I achieve that without prep? any recommendations?

Last edited:
Out of my wheelhouse. It’s a lot easier to calculate approximate top speed than whatever you’ll get in 132 ft. Did you find a ap for that? You should look. Start with your 22. Buy a bag of pinions. Have fun learning your setup.
Your diffs will dang sure need to be setup and shimmed perfectly if you’re raw dogging with 8s right off the line. Your driveline will not be happy, and parts will most definitely scatter.
I‘d go 6s all day long if it were me, at least to learn the setup and figure out what’s going to break and what needs work. Or better yet, just throw in one of those 4s packs and learn/setup on that more forgiving voltage. You’ll still be shocked how fast it is.
You’ll have a long journey just trying to get the car going straight before you get anywhere near 1.8, but drag does look like a lot of fun. Good luck!

Hi, I am starting to build a new Limitless v2 for drag only
- Castle 1721 - 2400KV motor w/ ??t pinion I think about 22
- Stock spur - 39T
- MMX8S ESC
- 2X CHNL 120C 5600mAh racing 4S LiPo
- Stock Diffs
- Spektrum RC SR6100AT with avc
- BETU servo 55KG 8.4V
- BSR foam wheels (XXPink)

I want to achieve 132ft under 1.8 sec what pinion i need to install?
can I achieve that without prep? any recommendations?

The 2400kv motor is very picky when it comes to gears, especially on 8S.

Considering measures to reduce load such as 3.308 diffs, and a bigger spur (44-47)

A stock V2 mount minimum tooth count is 71t I believe.. so smallest pinion on a 39t spool would be 32t. I’ve heard switching to the 40mm V2 motor mount plate opens up more gearing options.

On a v1 limitless I was able to get 1.82 prepped on 6S before I stopped.. definitely more room to go faster.
Don’t forget springs. You will need stiffer springs. Perfect pass one’s won’t hold up either. Even in his video, he says that…
I have a set from @RedondoBeachRC that are stiff as heck.

Truthfully, in a drag build you won’t need stiffer springs. You’ll want the car to be able to absorb all the road imperfections, because any hop and it’ll send you sideways and not straight.

Stock springs should be sufficient for drag only

So... after the first run - speed run i have join to the 100MPH club and almost 200KPH :)
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 00.24.37.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back