Limitless Limitless on road course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qstone

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hey all, this is my first post, and first Arrma. I just picked up a barely used Limitless because there is an asphalt track nearby (pic attached) that runs 1/7 racing seasons, and boy does that look like fun! Limitless, Felony, Infractions. My car came with the 160a/1250kv Spektrum setup. I'll be running it 6s, because, that seems prudent, and it came with 2 3s batteries and I have two others. I'm wanting to put in a center diff for better handling and cooler temps. Arrma has ton of diffs on Jenny's RC. There's the new Fireteam 50T, the Felony 50T, the Mojave 50T, Infraction 46T, Kraton EXB limited slip, on and on. How to choose? Anyone else running s 1250 setup for track that can give me some advice?

track.jpg

That track would be better running one 4s or maybe even 3s. Depends on your driving kills. IMHO. 6s will be way over powered.:giggle: You will be hitting the boards. Especially with a Center Spool. Been there. Looks to be a 1/8 scale track. The Lim is 1/7 scale and has a very long Wheelbase. Food for thought.
Just swap in an Infraction Center diff. with 200k oil. Stock is 100k. You need a center diff for technical driving. Or you will be all over the place. with poor turning ability. You will need to adjust your pinion gear size properly to dial it in for this track.
Nice track BTW. You are lucky.:)
Welcome to AF.
:cool:

With that low KV motor, you will want a smaller spur. 46t From the infraction may be a good place to start.
That track would be better running one 4s or maybe even 3s. Depends on your driving kills. IMHO. 6s will be way over powered.:giggle: You will be hitting the boards. Especially with a Center Spool. Been there. Looks to a 1/8 scale track. The Lim is 1/7 scale and has a very long Wheelbase. Food for thought.
Just swap in a Infraction Center diff. with 200k oil. Stock is 100k. You need a center diff for technical driving. Or you will be all over the place. with poor turning ability. You will need to adjust your pinion gear size properly to dial it in for this track.
Nice track BTW. You are lucky.:)
6s and 1250kv will be slower than 4s and 2000kv.

Hey all, this is my first post, and first Arrma. I just picked up a barely used Limitless because there is an asphalt track nearby (pic attached) that runs 1/7 racing seasons, and boy does that look like fun! Limitless, Felony, Infractions. My car came with the 160a/1250kv Spektrum setup. I'll be running it 6s, because, that seems prudent, and it came with 2 3s batteries and I have two others. I'm wanting to put in a center diff for better handling and cooler temps. Arrma has ton of diffs on Jenny's RC. There's the new Fireteam 50T, the Felony 50T, the Mojave 50T, Infraction 46T, Kraton EXB limited slip, on and on. How to choose? Anyone else running s 1250 setup for track that can give me some advice?

View attachment 206448
Welcome! That track looks like a lot of fun 😍

@qstone I bit the bullet and am assembling a Limitless v2 - crossing fingers I finish in time and squeeze some practice in before the race on Jan 27! Hope to see you there.

I am going with the SpeedTek RC spool that has the 46t spur, and a couple of different pinions (19t and 28t :eek:). This will be on an 1100kV motor at 6S. Will post more on a build thread soon.

Last edited:
@qstone I bit the bullet and am assembling a Limitless v2 - crossing fingers I finish in time and squeeze some practice in before the race on Jan 27! Hope to see you there.

I am going with the SpeedTek RC spool that has the 46t spur, and a couple of different pinions (19t and 28t :eek:). This will be on an 1100kV motor. Will post more on a build thread soon.
Awesome! The advice I got when I first posted was that I should put in a center diff from the infraction and run on low voltage. Jenny's RCs is a good place to find one. It's probably really good advice, because I was absolutely spinning out on almost every corner. The Limitless that I picked up was set up for speed runs with the Spectrum 8s capable system and a center spool. I didn't have much time to experiment though, because I got sidetracked by mini-crawlers, so I don't have much in the way of knowledge to share. I'll put the race on my calendar and go out if I can.

View attachment 206448
Wow that is an RC wonderland there.:love:
Having installed a Diff in my Lim before, I recommend the Fireteam OE 50T Metal diff, will probably get you better gearing options for this technical track. Keep your diff oils on the thinner side. Especially at center. diff. I would start out with 10k/10k-20k/ 10k if it were me. Evaluate from there. You def need a Center diff for this track hands down. The locked spool will only be fighting your best lap times. Center diff will hook up on the turns better, because the long Lim Wheelbase might be fighting you. How I see my Lim with technical driving.
Any idea what others are running as packs? 6s or 4s.
4s might even be best, IMHO. IDK. In that case a 46 T Spur might also be an option for geaing tunability.
And with 4s, you may even want the 46T spur . Probably all trial and error.
From the picture of this track , appears your geared top speeds wont be getting any higher than 35-40 mph if that. Dialed any faster and you will be scrubbing off available low end torgue, out of the sweepers, IMHO. A proper wheel alignment and shock preloading will also help you dial in to that track.
Don't run any EXB LSD's in there
You need all your diffs Open.
BTW not common to run 1250kv on 8s on most any track setting. I've never seen this. What are the other guys doing there?
Ask around, what is working for them. 1250kv just may need 6s packs. IDK for sure
Have fun.
Welcome to AF.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back