Limitless Limitless V1 vs V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plam408

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Talion EXB
Hi Limitless owners,

I'm thinking of getting a Limitless to do some street bashing and wanted to do 100 mph.

Is there a huge difference between V1 vs. V2?

I plan on getting Sprektrum 160 esc and motor combo. Should I get something better?

Also, what's a good budget long range radio? I have a Sprektrum dx5 pro that I can use or sell.

What is everyone using for a digital temperature meter?

Lastly, any advice for a person that is about to purchase a Limitless regards to upgrade parts or parts to avoid.

Can I get an Infraction V2 and upgrade to a Limitless V2 later?

Can I get an Infraction V2 and upgrade to a Limitless V2 later?
It would be much easier to upgrade it to a limitless v1 but you'd have the v2 limitless diffs.

If I get the Infraction is it possible to get it to 100 mph with high pinion gear and high c lipo batteries? I was thinking about changing out the esc and motor for Sprektrum 160a so I can run 2 4s batteries.

6s will get you to 100mph. You can run that 160 spektrum ESC on 6s first, if you have some. Best to use a speed gear calculator. You have a learning curve going on there. Baby steps. I would focus more on a radio that will get you some long range first. Or you will destroy that rig fast. RC6GS radio is what I use with My Lim. All HW sensored electrics. But I do consistently get to 100mph with my ALL stock 6s Infraction. Stock Saddle pack config. Stock Motor position. 2 x 3s Yoowoos 5k mah 120c Grahphene lipos. Guys jumping to 8s don't always go faster. Great to have an 8s 160 amp ESC for the extra amp overhead when running just 6s. FWIW. Spektrum 150 amp 6s ESC does have its limits amp wise. Better use a Cap pack in there. Or you may find the ESC amp cutting. Good insurance to have one. Turn the ESC PUNCH setting ALL the way down for speed passes. Always!

Last edited:
If I get the Infraction is it possible to get it to 100 mph with high pinion gear and high c lipo batteries? I was thinking about changing out the esc and motor for Sprektrum 160a so I can run 2 4s batteries.
Yes with the 160a ESC you can get there.

The biggest thing is that for street bashing you will want a large spur like a 46-50t to keep the temps down. For that reason an Infraction is an ideal setup that already comes ready to do what you want to do. + the center diff is ideal for street bashing.

The limitless V2 is setup for speed out of the box and would take some more significant modifications to become a street basher.

And it would be a sin to speedrun a V2 Lim with all Spektrum gear. Kind of selling yourself short. For speed runs that is. If not pushing well beyond triple digits and you want to bash also, then that is your choice too. But I would go with HW at a minimum, CC best case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back