Limitless New limitless v2 and 150 v2 ESC & 2050kv.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I have a New limitless v2 and 150 v2 ESC & 2050kv. My question is how fast should I expect it to go on 6S and what kind of gearing should I use with the stock system?

I've seen people get in the high 90's with the stock ESC on a typhon, maybe one or two break 100. I would say that's your limit right there. Don't expect too much from a stock ESC.

How fast you can go in your particular circumstances will also depend on what batteries you use.

I would be happy with somewhere between 90 and 100 just wanted to know what gearing would get me there I do have a gear calculator but on my vendetta it was usually off by pretty far.
I think I’ll start at 18 and work my way up from there.

I have a New limitless v2 and 150 v2 ESC & 2050kv. My question is how fast should I expect it to go on 6S and what kind of gearing should I use with the stock system?
Regardless of what the maximum achievable is, understand that that motor and esc are not meant for repetitive high speed runs. The esc will likely cut out while at full throttle as it is known that lvc kicks in. Doing this repeatedly takes a huge toll on the electronics. Running a 2050kv at full throttle during a speedrun, also generates tons of heat. If you are definitely going foe tops speeds on this set up, you should stop after each run and allow the system to completely cool down before making another pass. Using the stock 39t spool, what pinion do you plan to run?

18T

Which motor mount are you using? I'm pretty sure that I couldn't even mesh anything to the spool that was smaller than a 29t. Based on 18/39 6s, you might get to around 60mph. It's showing voltage of 5s, as it's almost a guarantee that your lipo will sag around the value of 1s.
Screenshot_20231207_103620.jpg

That is exactly what I’m looking for information like that is valuable to me what does the speed go up to if I started 27 or 28.

Regardless of what the maximum achievable is, understand that that motor and esc are not meant for repetitive high speed runs. The esc will likely cut out while at full throttle as it is known that lvc kicks in. Doing this repeatedly takes a huge toll on the electronics. Running a 2050kv at full throttle during a speedrun, also generates tons of heat. If you are definitely going foe tops speeds on this set up, you should stop after each run and allow the system to completely cool down before making another pass. Using the stock 39t spool, what pinion do you plan to run?
Great point. More than LVC, I would be concerned about over power cutoff. I'm not sure how the 150a ESCs react to OPC, but when I was running my 130a spektrum and hit OPC, the ESC shuts off. Not half power or brakes only -- like full restart. So no response from the car going 90 mph for a few seconds.

Luckily I was able to save it. But needless to say, once i figured out what was going on, I haven't done a speed run with that setup since. Thus I couldn't personally recommend a spektrum ESC for speed running in the vicinity of it's power limit.

That is exactly what I’m looking for information like that is valuable to me what does the speed go up to if I started 27 or 28.
Screenshot_20231207_104603.jpg

But be careful. These speeds are exactly what I was talking about. The esc will definitely cut out while your at top speed and this wreaks havoc on the system. Most people who get serious about speed runs will opt for better esc's from Castle Creations like the Mamba Monster X 8s or XLX2. They are tunable and built to handle the loads at these extreme speeds. LVC can be disabled which eliminates the cut outs.
I honeslty think the best place for anyone getting into speed running, is right here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-how-fast-did-you-go-today.24467/
It's a lot of reading, but you will be able to see people just like me and how we failed in the beginning, what we learned, and the accomplishments of some of the best speed runners in the world. Topics on lipos, esc's, tires, radios, and tons of mods that have happened over the past few years while people are out there breaking records. Trust me, once you hit your first goal and the buzz wears off, you will be hooked for life. Better to prepare yourself for the inevitable, and not throw good money out burning things up uneccesarily.

Last edited:
I do have an extra 160 V1 ESC laying around that I can use instead of the V2 150. I have run into all these problems that you guys are talking about on my vendetta using the same ESC. I think that I will start with a 30T and the V1 8S 160 ESC.

I do have an extra 160 V1 ESC laying around that I can use instead of the V2 150. I have run into all these problems that you guys are talking about on my vendetta using the same ESC.
Stock Spektrum electronics are designed with fail safes to prevent users from over working the esc. Although a bigger esc will help, the same rules apply to cut offs. Speed runs require you to push the electronics to their max, and hold it. Without the ability to shut down the lvc, the performance will always be hindered. It's not to say you can't have fun this way, it just means you will need to be way more careful about how hard you push. Disabling a voltage cut off comes with it's own inherent problems. You need to know the voltage of the lipos before making a pass, and be sure that there's enough in them to complete a run. Failing to do so will ultimately destroy your lipos and possibly even the esc. It's a fine line between going fast and going really fast. Maybe you hit a goal like 80 to 90 and be happy with it. Those speeds are not exactly child's play. Keeping an rc car straight at anything over 50 to 60 is harder than many people think. The faster you go, the bigger the risks the higher the total $ spent. Lot of respect for people like @K-BASH @vwturbowolf @chris adams @LibertyMKiii and so many others who hit numbers that are unfathomable to me and dedicated there time and money to pushing limits and sharing their knowledge. Their advice in that Speed run thread has helped me achieve numbers I'd never believe I could.

Thank you all for your input. I’ve learned a lot today. I’m new to this platform and all the knowledge that I’ve read today has helped greatly.
Things like starting at 27 or larger is good information to know and that spectrum ESC are really subpar for the task at hand. But it’s what I have and will start with this. What a great forum.

If you're finding you're way way off the gear calculator, I would look at what batteries you are using for speedrunning and how fast you're pulling the trigger. You should be slowly increasing throttle until max and holding at max for a good while. Speedrunning is arguably where battery quality matters the most, you will be using them to their full capacity for discharge.

I have a Vendetta on a Kraton 4S chassis stock 3900kv motor and a 6S ESC with 100mm hoons. I'm doing low 90's on 4S with it now. But feel that it's maxed out. Or should I say that I'm max out. So, I'm moving to the limitless.

Stock Spektrum electronics are designed with fail safes to prevent users from over working the esc. Although a bigger esc will help, the same rules apply to cut offs. Speed runs require you to push the electronics to their max, and hold it. Without the ability to shut down the lvc, the performance will always be hindered. It's not to say you can't have fun this way, it just means you will need to be way more careful about how hard you push. Disabling a voltage cut off comes with it's own inherent problems. You need to know the voltage of the lipos before making a pass, and be sure that there's enough in them to complete a run. Failing to do so will ultimately destroy your lipos and possibly even the esc. It's a fine line between going fast and going really fast. Maybe you hit a goal like 80 to 90 and be happy with it. Those speeds are not exactly child's play. Keeping an rc car straight at anything over 50 to 60 is harder than many people think. The faster you go, the bigger the risks the higher the total $ spent. Lot of respect for people like @K-BASH @vwturbowolf @chris adams @LibertyMKiii and so many others who hit numbers that are unfathomable to me and dedicated there time and money to pushing limits and sharing their knowledge. Their advice in that Speed run thread has helped me achieve numbers I'd never believe I could.
Man, I'm honored to mentioned with those other fellas. The low cell challenge threads are a great resource for information too. Specifically the 3s challenge. That's what got me suckd into speedrunning and also taught me the most.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back