Limitless v2 system cuts out at full throttle only thing I upgraded was QS8 connectors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzam92

Reaction score
Never had this issue before when I was running EC5 connectors motor and ESC was getting hot.

Take a few steps back and tell us about your electronic’s combination and gearing.
Got castle 2028 1700kv with XLs2 ESC gearing was never an issue but I currently have a 34T on Spool and 36T on motor I gear down a lot to try to fix issue but no luck.

Welcome to the forum!
To me that is looks to be over driven. Your amp draw will be through the roof on that gearing. And this will make it a Lipo problem. How fast have you been with this set up?

Welcome to the forum!
To me that is looks to be over driven. Your amp draw will be through the roof on that gearing. And this will make it a Lipo problem. How fast have you been with this set up?
It's on the higher side for 8S (~160mph), but certainly not extreme for 6S (~115mph) XLX2 can take 600A.
I agree though that its likely the lipo's not being able to deliver, but the logs will tell

@jzam92 Detail on lipo's (brand and amount of cells) and your wheel diameter is required for more help, if sharing logs is too much of a challenge

Or not the best soldering job?

What does the castle log say, it should give sufficient detail about why its cutting out.
I thought the soldering job sucked but me and 2 other buddies have the exact same issue and is the only upgrade we all made was the plugs.

I thought the soldering job sucked but me and 2 other buddies have the exact same issue and is the only upgrade we all made was the plugs.

How fast have you been so far?
What LiPos are you using when pushing this electronics system for a 140 + mph gearing?

I assume you have gone into the ESC settings and removed the LVC setting?

Back