Looking for a 1/5 rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Can’t decide one what 1/5 rig to get I’m leaning towards the xrt just because it’s going to be more durable than a Kraton stock (I know a Kraton will be more durable once upgraded)
Or is there other cars I should consider like and xmaxx. im open to ideas.

Well now..... what a question. The big Losi ? But its not as durable in jumps of magnitude, even lesss so that the Kraton. I personally love the design and look of them. XMaxx? Cant blame ya if ya did. But I think the XLT would be better for lower center of gravity. XMaxx hit me as being kinda bouncy FOR MY STYLE. I like my rig to be more firmly planted (yep, Kraton EXB for me)

Interesting dilemma...... the less jumps...Losi...the more....Kraton..... the most ...... XLT. Since you like to bash til broken, I guess you should lean to XLT. Unless you want to wrench/fix more

See what others think

Well now..... what a question. The big Losi ? But its not as durable in jumps of magnitude, even lesss so that the Kraton. I personally love the design and look of them. XMaxx? Cant blame ya if ya did. But I think the XLT would be better for lower center of gravity. XMaxx hit me as being kinda bouncy FOR MY STYLE. I like my rig to be more firmly planted (yep, Kraton EXB for me)

Interesting dilemma...... the less jumps...Losi...the more....Kraton..... the most ...... XLT. Since you like to bash til broken, I guess you should lean to XLT. Unless you want to wrench/fix more

See what others think
Well love Losi for being innovative and I buy there products when there one of a kind like the promoto or lmt or super Baja Rey etc k8s is and option but I would driving like a race buggy that is why the xrt over the Kraton because it is mostly plastic and lighter but the super Baja Rey caught me eye as wel

Well love Losi for being innovative and I buy there products when there one of a kind like the promoto or lmt or super Baja Rey etc k8s is and option but I would driving like a race buggy that is why the xrt over the Kraton because it is mostly plastic and lighter but the super Baja Rey caught me eye as wel
Wish they made an Arrma 8S Mojave..... but since Horizon is the parent of Losi, they feel they kinda already do.....

DBXL 2.0 ?

Wish they made an Arrma 8S Mojave..... but since Horizon is the parent of Losi, they feel they kinda already do.....

DBXL 2.0 ?
Yeah pretty that’s the same reason why arrma isn’t making crawlers

I would driving like a race buggy

Hands down, the XRT if this what you're looking for, IMO.

It is, by a wide margin, the best handling big truck I have. It's not going to win any stunt competitions, but it's my goto if I want to drive.

Hands down, the XRT if this what you're looking for, IMO.

It is, by a wide margin, the best handling big truck I have. It's not going to win any stunt competitions, but it's my goto if I want to drive.
Sounds like good advice right here

I’ve got the big two from Arrma and the big two from Traxxas. If I were to start over I’d buy them in this order:

Xmaxx
Outcast
XRT
Kraton

Personally I love the way the stock X-Maxx handles more like a brute than something perfect.

The Outcast comes in second because with a big power system it is just a ball of wheelie fun.

XRT I feel handles just as good as any other 1/5 offering, durable and light(er) weight.

Kraton, I’ve just never completely fallen in love with mine. Tons of power, handles nice, but I’d rather save a few pounds and lug around an XRT if that’s what I’m after.

MCD for rally / 4WD
https://cardinalracing.com/products/xr5-max-factory-team-spec

1704185441613.png

Mecatech for 2WD
https://fgsupply.com/products/mec2012-1?variant=7832227971133

1704185494514.jpeg

I have the 8s kraton exb rtr only run it a handful of times but it runs great. its just a nightmare to lug around. can't comment on any of the others as I've not had any of them

I have the 8s kraton exb rtr only run it a handful of times but it runs great. its just a nightmare to lug around. can't comment on any of the others as I've not had any of them
Well lugging them is not an issue for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back