Looking for a set of 13.5mm or 13.75mm shock pistons. Anyone know where I can purchase? Oddball shock bore of 13.77mm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnstr98

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
IMG20240229202018.jpg

The current piston is 2.45 - 2.50 mm thick with a 4.00 mm hole in the center. Probably good to undersize a bit, depending how tight you can hold tolerances. I can always open up the hole later.

I'm thinking a piston btw 13.5 mm to 13.70 mm in diameter. It's not for racing purposes, so I'm not sure how much clearance I need to be functional.
I just build them as a hobby, beat 'em up and rebuild.

What would you print them out of?

Let me know.

RH

The current piston is 2.45 - 2.50 mm thick with a 4.00 mm hole in the center. Probably good to undersize a bit, depending how tight you can hold tolerances. I can always open up the hole later.

I'm thinking a piston btw 13.5 mm to 13.70 mm in diameter. It's not for racing purposes, so I'm not sure how much clearance I need to be functional.
I just build them as a hobby, beat 'em up and rebuild.

What would you print them out of?

Let me know.

RH
So we have:

13.60mm width
2.50mm height
4.00mm bore

Would you want any holes in the piston other than the middle 4mm?

Nylon plastic would probably be best. But I have basically every type in stock if you feel differently.

So we have:

13.60mm width
2.50mm height
4.00mm bore

Would you want any holes in the piston other than the middle 4mm?

Nylon plastic would probably be best. But I have basically every type in stock if you feel differently.
Shoot man, I apologize. Got really sick (flu) that weekend the hell outta me. Recover, then pneumonia. Still have a bad cough.
4 Small holes would be good. I have the shock piston bore kit.

Shoot man, I apologize. Got really sick (flu) that weekend the hell outta me. Recover, then pneumonia. Still have a bad cough.
The flu sucks, I had it a few weeks back as well.

Damn. Sounds like a rough ride. Hope you’re done with it soon.

I’ll send a PM about the shock piston.

Perfect. 3D printer? What printer you use?

I responded long ago. I had issues responding but they finally went thru, or so I thought?
Wow!

I responded long ago. I had issues responding but they finally went thru, or so I thought?
Wow!
I'll be damned. They never went thru. 🤬

I apologize, none of my messages went thru after you sent drawing. That is odd. I screenshot a couple messages that couldn't go thru and tried to send as attachments. My email is my username: [email protected]

Just got home from graveyard shift. I'll check back later this afternoon.
Oh yeah, I liked the design, flow thru holes would work and 8 of them. I really am sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Wow!

I'll be damned. They never went thru. 🤬

I apologize, none of my messages went thru after you sent drawing. That is odd. I screenshot a couple messages that couldn't go thru and tried to send as attachments. My email is my username: [email protected]

Just got home from graveyard shift. I'll check back later this afternoon.
Oh yeah, I liked the design, flow thru holes would work and 8 of them. I really am sorry for the confusion.
Thanks, no problem at all. I just sent you an email.

Back