Looks like I have to replace the Suspension Hanger Set on my Outcast 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavyLDO

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I hit something pretty damn hard and ripped up the suspension hanger set on my Outcast. Anyone have a video of them doing this? I'm guessing I'll have to remove the entire front end to get to it?

Yes you will be removing the front end, and as an assy., making it easier.. If unfamiliar wrenching with your OC 8s, better start with a good set of hand hex drivers and jump in. Don't use "L" wrenches! You are just beating yourself up.
The 8s line is an Expert level model. Good driver skill experience is an advantage here. 8S parts are costly and add up. Most with the 8s line already have knowledge of RC's already. You have a slight learning curve there. Take pictures as you disassemble. It will help greatly. Google the many videos out there in regards for assistance. You will be breaking a lot. That's Normal. Get used to wrenching. Wrenching is 80% of the hobby. The Driving thing is only 20% of it. The better and faster you can wrench, the more you will drive. The more you drive the better you will get at it, understanding its limits of durability, and ultimately break less. In theory at least.
These are rather easy to work on compared to many other brands IMHO.
You can always take it to your LHS and pay them, to do your hobby for you. :rolleyes: Just saying.
Hopefully you didn't bite off more than you chew with the OC8s. It's not for the faint of heart. Need a lot of patience with it. And a fat wallet to match. 30+ pounds of weight, breaks easily. Little room for driver error. Just the physics and all. The most imprtant thing is to have fun. If you get frustrated , than maybe its not a good hobby for you. Because frustration is not Fun. I think you got this. We all started out somewhere. And all hobby grade models will break. They are meant to be fixed.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back