My new outcast 8s v2 is acting like dead batteries after a few minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The batteries are brand new and I've only charged them 1 time and I charged them on balance charge at 2.0a figured give them an actual full charge instead of the quick charge.
Lipo batteries can be bad out of the box. If they are the cheap Amazon brands like Zeee, Zop, Golbat, HRB ect the likelihood of getting a bad battery is rather high.

Lipo batteries can be bad out of the box. If they are the cheap Amazon brands like Zeee, Zop, Golbat, HRB ect the likelihood of getting a bad battery is rather high.
Mmmm ok. Well maybe my batteries are bad. Damn it haha I should go back to gas powered.

I have 2 new big 11000mah 100c batteries gen ace bashing, have not yet had the opportunity to test with ESC lower cut off.
I think default cut off setting is at 5 when 6 is the earliest cut off. Will test once truck is fixed, waiting on parts.

Mmmm ok. Well maybe my batteries are bad. Damn it haha I should go back to gas powered.
Eh it happens sometimes. From what you are describing it does sound like an issue with the voltage sagging under load. The batteries may be perfectly fine but just not up to providing the needed power that the motor is demanding.

The reason the voltage can sag so much under load is because the c rate that is listed on the pack is just a made up number used for marketing purposes. Those packs could have a true c rate of 20c and you wouldn't know unless you tested them. There is a lot to go through in this thread but once you read through some of it you will start to understand why you only get 10 minutes of runtime out of 7000mah batteries https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/

Eh it happens sometimes. From what you are describing it does sound like an issue with the voltage sagging under load. The batteries may be perfectly fine but just not up to providing the needed power that the motor is demanding.

The reason the voltage can sag so much under load is because the c rate that is listed on the pack is just a made up number used for marketing purposes. Those packs could have a true c rate of 20c and you wouldn't know unless you tested them. There is a lot to go through in this thread but once you read through some of it you will start to understand why you only get 10 minutes of runtime out of 7000mah batteries https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/
What's a good quality lipo battery brand that won't break the bank? But also true on there numbers.

What's a good quality lipo battery brand that won't break the bank? But also true on there numbers.

CNHL and Liperior are good brands that won't break the bank. Unfortunately there is not a single lipo battery on the market that has the true c rate listed on the pack. Like I said it is just used for marketing. The only way to find out what batteries are good and which are not is to follow the guys that do the testing MSCGuy on RCgroups has a thread that goes back to 2012 and @Greywolf74 has a thread on here someplace where he has been testing lipos or just buy some and hope for the best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back