My new outcast 8s v2 is acting like dead batteries after a few minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindofabigdeal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Truck runs great for about 5 to 10 minutes the slows down then just stops will not move at all. Steering still works but no forward or reverse. There a beeping coming from electronics but if I turn it off then back on the truck rips like full batteries again. Keeps doing it every time I drive it. I'm running 7200mah 80c batteries that are also new. Help. I bought bigger batteries for longer run time and now I'm not getting it.

What lights are on the ESC when it just stops? What batteries are you using and what charger?
Not sure I didn't look. And using 7200mah 80c batteries and dual lipo charger. I charge them on balance charge at 2.0 amps. I didn't do quick charge

I think cut off on esc is set very high on default setting. You can change with a hobby wing program card connected to esc fan connector.

Not sure I didn't look. And using 7200mah 80c batteries and dual lipo charger. I charge them on balance charge at 2.0 amps. I didn't do quick charge
7200mah is more than enough. I would charge them at 7.4 amps if your charger goes upto that. What charger is it? Does it have a screen that shows you any info on the batteries?

You are going to need a better charger. Let me know which one you have. 2 amps is extremley slow. What are your batteries?
Charger is HTRC C240 DUO and batteries are 7200mah 80c
7200mah is more than enough. I would charge them at 7.4 amps if your charger goes upto that. What charger is it? Does it have a screen that shows you any info on the batteries?
Yes it does and it goes up to 10amps

Charger is good, 1C charging 7.2 amps in this case is normal on batteries.
But I think you can charge at 10 amps on those batteries.

Charger is good, 1C charging 7.2 amps in this case is normal on batteries.
But I think you can charge at 10 amps on those batteries.
If charger and batteries are good why is it acting up. I mean I can charge the batteries higher amp next time but can't even get the batteries dead cuz truck keep acting funny.

You need to check cell resistance in your batteries. High resistance cells could be tripping LVC low voltage cut off under voltage sag. Do you see it happening after a hard rip from a stop more then any other time?

You need to check cell resistance in your batteries. High resistance cells could be tripping LVC low voltage cut off under voltage sag. Do you see it happening after a hard rip from a stop more then any other time?
Ya I think so. I notice it after I rip it for a few minutes straight it happens

Would recommend running a resistance check on the batteries then. The HTRC C240 DUO has a resistance testing feature. Some will tell you less and some will say more any thing more the 20milly ohm its in bad shape 10-15 is betting old and -10 is still in good health. These are numbers for lower end batteries of course and a SMC will see like -2milli ohm max from factory per cell.

Get the blink code from the ESC if you can. https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman...SE1085 SPMX SMART Firma ESCs Manual-MULTI.pdf

Single short pulse red in LVC and would tell you its batterie. Out side of that if you can get the blink code we can try to match it to the link there and find out what error code it is.

Last edited:
Would recommend running a resistance check on the batteries then. The HTRC C240 DUO has a resistance testing feature. Some will tell you less and some will say more any thing more the 20milly ohm its in bad shape 10-15 is betting old and -10 is still in good health. These are numbers for lower end batteries of course and a SMC will see like -2milli ohm max from factory per cell.

Get the blink code from the ESC if you can. https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-horizon-master/default/dw8be4400d/Manuals/SPMXSE1085 SPMX SMART Firma ESCs Manual-MULTI.pdf

Single short pulse red in LVC and would tell you its batterie. Out side of that if you can get the blink code we can try to match it to the link there and find out what error code it is.
Ok what am I looking for on that? Like any specific number?

The stock ESC should take 8s 29.6v fully charged 8s. C rating can only ever be to low not high. The mAh should be fine for your car mAh is more a battier size thing then the others.

Get the blink code from the ESC if you can. https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-horizon-master/default/dw8be4400d/Manuals/SPMXSE1085 SPMX SMART Firma ESCs Manual-MULTI.pdf

The batteries are brand new and I've only charged them 1 time and I charged them on balance charge at 2.0a figured give them an actual full charge instead of the quick charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back