Low rpms on castle 2028-1100kv and XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kljin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I have installed these components and i was expecting a hugh increase in performance. I can tell i only get around 6000 rpms from the motor which can handle 45000. All the temps are way below the limits. I think im just getting to 60mph

Infraction 6S blx
Pininon gear 30T
Spur gear is stock
Batteries gensacearespammers 8000mah 100c

Do you have a data log you can show us? 60 seems fast for only 6000 rpm but I am no on-road expert.

Do you have a data log you can show us? 60 seems fast for only 6000 rpm but I am no on-road expert.
Yes this is the latest datlog.

run1.jpg

run1stats.jpg

On 6s Rpm Will be around 24,000 with 30 tooth pinion you should be around 57 mph if my calculations are correct to

Unless I am being daft, you hit a max RPM of 53,168.

With a maximum of 135 amps drawn, you have a lot of headroom for gearing up

On 6s Rpm Will be around 24,000 with 30 tooth pinion you should be around 57 mph if my calculations are correct to
I thought with this motor en esc combi, i would get more speed than with the stock setup? I got 90mph on stock

You have room in this setup to dramatically increase your gearing. I found a 40t spur for the center diff (I think it was Robinson Racing?) and that will give a lot more gearing options on the pinion side.

Unless I am being daft, you hit a max RPM of 53,168.

With a maximum of 135 amps drawn, you have a lot of headroom for gearing up
Strange the telemetry on the futaba says +- 6000

You could go to 8s for an instant increase in performance too. That motor was made for 8s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back