Castle XLX2 accessories question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
I'm new to Castle products and have recently bought a new XLX2 and a 1721. I'm a bit confused about what accessories cables etc, I need to program the esc and extract data. There seems to be a few options.
Do I only need the Quick Connect Duo?
Also can I use a Field Programming Card on a xlx2 just for quick changes roadside?

Screenshot_20231116_073043_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231116_073114_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231116_073236_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231116_073056_Chrome.jpg

I'm new to Castle products and have recently bought a new XLX2 and a 1721. I'm a bit confused about what accessories cables etc, I need to program the esc and extract data. There seems to be a few options.
Do I only need the Quick Connect Duo?
Also can I use a Field Programming Card on a xlx2 just for quick changes roadside?

View attachment 332078
View attachment 332079
View attachment 332080
View attachment 332082
The Castle link and a USB cable is all you need for basic hook up. The Bluetooth adapter is a nice add on if you have the space to keep it. Blink will allow you to hook up to your laptop easily in the field for quick checks and adjustments

The Castle link and a USB cable is all you need for basic hook up. The Bluetooth adapter is a nice add on if you have the space to keep it. Blink will allow you to hook up to your laptop easily in the field for quick checks and adjustments
Ok thanks. Which USB cable?

and what is the Quick Connect and Quick Connect Duo for then?

Idk if they’ll send it to Australia but there should be a coupon in the esc box for a free castle link. Then all you need is a usb cable.

Idk if they’ll send it to Australia but there should be a coupon in the esc box for a free castle link. Then all you need is a usb cable.
Yes there was a card but haven't read it yet.

I've got so many USB cables that I knew I had one. As long as the end that goes to the link matches, and I'm sure they specify on their site. I believe it's the last gen micro usb

No idea on the quick connect or Duo, but I'm sure it's nothing you need specifically. Either the standard link or the upgraded B Link gets the job done. The B Link is useful and many of the top speed guys use it to make quick adjustments to the esc and car setup. Being able to connect wirelessly has benefits, but it's a lot of product to squeeze into a receiver box. I can't because I run a Perfect Pass and squeeze it in to the box to protect it. I also don't travel with my laptop during speedruns, as I usually only make two or 3 passes before the lipos are drained too far.

Last edited:
No idea on the quick connect or Duo, but I'm sure it's nothing you need specifically. Either the standard link or the upgraded B Link gets the job done. The B Link is useful and many of the top speed guys use it to make quick adjustments to the esc and car setup. Being able to connect wirelessly has benefits, but it's a lot of product to squeeze into a receiver box. I can't because I run a Perfect Pass and squeeze it in to the box to protect it. I also don't travel with my laptop during speedruns, as I usually only make two or 3 passes before the lipos are drained too far.
Thanks for your help. 👍

Can the b-link be used with the perfect pass. Is it only the space that's an issue?

Just tried using the link coupon but even though its free, just the postage from the US is more expensive than buying it locally. ☹️🤷‍♂️

Normally when you want to pull data logs you have to pull the wire from the RX and connect it to the castle link.
The quick connect/duo allows it to stay connected to the rx and acts like a switch only connecting you to the ESC. (won't connect thorough the RX and have issues)

It is really only for someone like a speed runner that wants to pull data logs all the time. Even then I have zero issues pulling the wire from the RX and don't want the extra wiring inside my car.

Long story short you don't need it.

Just tried using the link coupon but even though its free, just the postage from the US is more expensive than buying it locally. ☹️🤷‍♂️
I kinda figured as much. ☹️

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Just order the link v3
View attachment 332158

I will get the b-link too, eventually .
Dang $50 for one of those.
You should order a bunch from the US and then re-sell them there in AU.

Dang $50 for one of those.
You should order a bunch from the US and then re-sell them there in AU.
$50 is $32usd but yes RC stuff is expensive down here. Probably because most of it comes from the US and China. I could have bought a link kit from the US for less but I try to buy local where possible. Hobby shops struggle to stay afloat with the competition of online shopping. My closest LHS is a 2 hour drive as all the local shops closed years ago.

$50 is $32usd but yes RC stuff is expensive down here. Probably because most of it comes from the US and China. I could have bought a link kit from the US for less but I try to buy local where possible. Hobby shops struggle to stay afloat with the competition of online shopping. My closest LHS is a 2 hour drive as all the local shops closed years ago.
Same here. 4 local hobby shops closed locally in my area over the last 2 years.
Sad to see.

Received the Castle link V3 today. It came with the cable which I wasn't expecting.

I will also buy a b-link eventually when I find one on sale.

20231127_110558.jpg

Since it hasn't been addressed yet, the programming card for in-the-field adjustments is, unfortunately, not compatible with the XLX2.

It would appear they don't sell it anymore so, just as well.
Ok thanks for that. B-link it will definitely be then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back