Kraton Low top speed K8 Max5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaK8

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have upgraded my kraton 8s to a 23t pinion and a max5, but i still get roughly 38mph. Any ideas on why it has a slow top speed?

Thanks

there are a dozen variables that the chart doesn't account for
what tires
what terrain are you running on
spur gear size?
motor KV?
have you verified your speed with gps?

S
there are a dozen variables that the chart doesn't account for
what tires
what terrain are you running on
spur gear size?
motor KV?
have you verified your speed with gps?
Stock tires, stock motor (1250kv) stock spyr but 23t pinion, gps speed is roughly 38mph, i have already tested it. Asphalt

With the 47 tooth spur gear you can run 30 tooth pinion without any problems at all. Just keep an eye on the heat. I run a 39 tooth spur gear, and a 30 tooth pinion but I’m running 1100 KV motor with two fans mine tops out around 55 or 56 miles an hour on our local soccer field. Lastly, make sure your radio is calibrated for full throttle full break.

With the 47 tooth spur gear you can run 30 tooth pinion without any problems at all. Just keep an eye on the heat. I run a 39 tooth spur gear, and a 30 tooth pinion but I’m running 1100 KV motor with two fans mine tops out around 55 or 56 miles an hour on our local soccer field. Lastly, make sure your radio is calibrated for full throttle full break.

You mean calibrated the radio by the esc?

Yes, calibrate the radio using the ESC

Make sure all your trim levels on the radio are set at neutral

The chart above is an outstanding tool. I am going to copy that and print it out. It’s valuable to me. Thank you for whoever posted it.

Could be your batteries as well, what are you using?

Back