Outcast MAX5 ESC COMBO??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Have any of you guys changed over to the MAX5 56118 in the new 8s EXB RTR? I normally change electronics in RTRs but this one I’m not sure if I want to. It’s a strange feeling. Is it worth the added weight and money? Does it allow you to gear up a lot if you go with the 1100?

I think you should upgrade if you want to run it on 12s (800kv motor)

I think if you just replace stock esc with a max 5 g2 you will notice a decent increase in umph with stock motor.

Reluctantly I’ve gotta agree with @Moirae here. If you still want more power after the max5 g2, swap in a TP motor.

I think if you just replace stock esc with a max 5 g2 you will notice a decent increase in umph with stock motor.
Would I have to change connectors on the motor leads? I’m on my way to LHS and think the motor has 6.5 and the G2 has 8mm bullet plugs. I could be wrong??

Would I have to change connectors on the motor leads? I’m on my way to LHS and think the motor has 6.5 and the G2 has 8mm bullet plugs. I could be wrong??
I think you're right!

max 5 g2 vs stock esc is a big difference in amps, almost 100 more amps. It should feel like a new truck when you get on the throttle. :love:

I think you're right!

max 5 g2 vs stock esc is a big difference in amps, almost 100 more amps. It should feel like a new truck when you get on the throttle. :love:
I’m looking at the SPEKTRUM 780 that comes with the DBXL E . Jenny’s has it for $159 and I already have the 39 tooth spur to help me gear up. I haven’t heard anything good or bad about the system in the Losi. . The 780 would be a direct fit. What y’all think?

Have any of you guys changed over to the MAX5 56118 in the new 8s EXB RTR? I normally change electronics in RTRs but this one I’m not sure if I want to. It’s a strange feeling. Is it worth the added weight and money? Does it allow you to gear up a lot if you go with the 1100?
I am happy with the stock electric's in my kraton 8s exb rtr all I have done is put a 26t pinion on the motor and turned punch up to 8 on esc. I am new to 5th scale though

I’m looking at the SPEKTRUM 780 that comes with the DBXL E . Jenny’s has it for $159 and I already have the 39 tooth spur to help me gear up. I haven’t heard anything good or bad about the system in the Losi. . The 780 would be a direct fit. What y’all think?
would be interesting! it's definitely not rated for 12s thats for sure. I just test drove my new kraton 12s with max 5 g2 + tp 5860 800kv geared 28/39 and it was soooooo smooth I forgot it wasn't sensored. I always recommend going tp motors but if you want to go the cheaper route you might as well just get one of these

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...ole-brushless-sensorless-motor-1-5-scale.html

it's a tiny bit more than the specktrum but it's rated for 12s and has 8mm bullets already.

would be interesting! it's definitely not rated for 12s thats for sure. I just test drove my new kraton 12s with max 5 g2 + tp 5860 800kv geared 28/39 and it was soooooo smooth I forgot it wasn't sensored. I always recommend going tp motors but if you want to go the cheaper route you might as well just get one of these

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...ole-brushless-sensorless-motor-1-5-scale.html

it's a tiny bit more than the specktrum but it's rated for 12s and has 8mm bullets already.
If the 56118 had stayed a 56113 I’d already have it. I’m afraid the damn thing won’t fit! I have always wanted a TP motor but the price and not being familiar with the sizes and kv ratings has kept me away.

If the 56118 had stayed a 56113 I’d already have it. I’m afraid the damn thing won’t fit! I have always wanted a TP motor but the price and not being familiar with the sizes and kv ratings has kept me away.

Just do what I do and bug @Moirae with all your TP questions.

I do have a 980kv surpass hobby motor in my Outcast 8s and it is a ton of fun.

What ESC are you running? That’s exactly what I’m doing cause he is obviously good with the 1/5 scale stuff🤫.I looked up the 5860 TP and it looks like a beast. Up to 1440kv on 8s!! 1000kv on 12s.

What ESC are you running? That’s exactly what I’m doing cause he is obviously good with the 1/5 scale stuff🤫.I looked up the 5860 TP and it looks like a beast. Up to 1440kv on 8s!! 1000kv on 12s.

I’ve got the OG max5 in both my Outcast and Kraton. In the Kraton I’m running a TP 5670 1270kv and it moves out. Iirc the 980kv I have geared 30/39 and the 1270kv I have running 30/47. No additional fans on either.

I had the same tp 5670 1270kv in my kraton 8s for about a year and now it's in my blue xrt. I would stick with a lower kv to make sure you aren't stressing the max 5 g2 too much. The lower the kv the lower the amps will be. I have the 5860 1070kv in my outcast and it's one of my fav motors tbh. 12s capable though I've never tried it. If I where you I'd pick the 5860 800 kv or the 1070 kv or anything in between and call it a day 😊

I had the same tp 5670 1270kv in my kraton 8s for about a year and now it's in my blue xrt. I would stick with a lower kv to make sure you aren't stressing the max 5 g2 too much. The lower the kv the lower the amps will be. I have the 5860 1070kv in my outcast and it's one of my fav motors tbh. 12s capable though I've never tried it. If I where you I'd pick the 5860 800 kv or the 1070 kv and call it a day 😊

One of them 5860 1070kvs is on my future list for my Outcast.

One of them 5860 1070kvs is on my future list for my Outcast.
I swear I don't even bother to check temps on my outcast anymore. That motor runs pretty cool and I'm geared like 39/47.

I swear I don't even bother to check temps on my outcast anymore. That motor runs pretty cool and I'm geared like 39/47.
My LHS has a Max5 G2. I’ve already installed the M2C steering assembly . I also have a Vitavon upper hinge pin holder. I really wish they had left the motor 113mm . I have 116-117 clearance. Have any of you guys tried the G2 set up in the new RTR EXB? The steering arm looks incredibly close to dead on 118mm

My LHS has a Max5 G2. I’ve already installed the M2C steering assembly . I also have a Vitavon upper hinge pin holder. I really wish they had left the motor 113mm . I have 116-117 clearance. Have any of you guys tried the G2 set up in the new RTR EXB? The steering arm looks incredibly close to dead on 118mm
Sadly I haven't, I only have the max 5 g2 combo in my xrt. It should fit though but apparently if you do hardcore bashing you should grind some material away for a little more clearance in case of chassis flex.

Sadly I haven't, I only have the max 5 g2 combo in my xrt. It should fit though but apparently if you do hardcore bashing you should grind some material away for a little more clearance in case of chassis flex.
Thanks for the reply. I think I might try it. Worste case scenario is it won’t fit and I’ll be forced to buy the Kraton to fit the motor 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back