Outcast 8s high power…top speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easi millz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey what’s up clan….just curious what’s everyone’s top speed with their big rigs….I got an outcast castle 1100kv paired with xlx2 on 39:39 gearing…..I’ve yet to get it to its full potential, after about 70ish she’ll just blow the belteds off like nothing🤷🏾‍♂️😂…that 63 mph was barely half throttle and 60% dual rate to try and keep front end on the floor, still more to go

BE286761-9E1B-4FF9-847C-32D71C53EC76.jpeg

D47F96B3-F14B-403F-ADD7-A8229FC4CA90.jpeg

EFF65095-0DAD-4DB7-AF89-E8C7758C7F8B.jpeg

39/39 on 1100kv is pretty high gearing. 😱

My .02,

I run my O8S on XLX2 1100kv 39/39, never overheated, ever. I got 74 on GNSS. I had those Duratrex but they couldn't hold up, busted them pretty quickly. I run the MX43 Badlands, yup it's heavy....look at my avatar. LOL My use is basher though...so not looking to go "FASTER$"

My .02,

I run my O8S on XLX2 1100kv 39/39, never overheated, ever. I got 74 on GNSS. I had those Duratrex but they couldn't hold up, busted them pretty quickly. I run the MX43 Badlands, yup it's heavy....look at my avatar. LOL My use is basher though...so not looking to go "FASTER$"
Sweet…..never overheated 🤔what kind of fans you running? I’ve never “overheated “ the system but if I keep on it with constant play on 8s or even 6s without the right settings, she gets up there in temps. I’m running dual nhx 30mm on motor and stock fan on xlx2

Sweet…..never overheated 🤔what kind of fans you running? I’ve never “overheated “ the system but if I keep on it with constant play on 8s or even 6s without the right settings, she gets up there in temps. I’m running dual nhx 30mm on motor and stock fan on xlx2
haha I started off buying tons of those nhx twin 30mm fan/heatsink for like every rig and then I found out how much better 40mm fans were and got mad I wasted money on 30mm. Now all my fans are 40mm, so much quieter and more airflow.

haha I started off buying tons of those nhx twin 30mm fan/heatsink for like every rig and then I found out how much better 40mm fans were and got mad I wasted money on 30mm. Now all my fans are 40mm, so much quieter and more airflow.
Which 40mm? Nhx? I have a 50m that I run on my Mojave motor that I absolutely love but want something a little more robust and high powered for the 8s, ultimately when I get it in final form it’ll have that. I barely really run it as I have other rigs so I’m fine with it where it’s at “for now” but constantly looking for the right fan setup for whenever I feel like pulling the trigger

Which 40mm? Nhx? I have a 50m that I run on my Mojave motor that I absolutely love but want something a little more robust and high powered for the 8s, ultimately when I get it in final form it’ll have that. I barely really run it as I have other rigs so I’m fine with it where it’s at “for now” but constantly looking for the right fan setup for whenever I feel like pulling the trigger
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804589000802.html?

I use those on my 6s bashers

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...-bracket-with-40x28-fans-aluminum-mesh-covers

^ this is what I have on most of my 8s and 12s rigs. Expensive but it's amazing and worth the price as I keep buying em lol.

Hey what’s up clan….just curious what’s everyone’s top speed with their big rigs….I got an outcast castle 1100kv paired with xlx2 on 39:39 gearing…..I’ve yet to get it to its full potential, after about 70ish she’ll just blow the belteds off like nothing🤷🏾‍♂️😂…that 63 mph was barely half throttle and 60% dual rate to try and keep front end on the floor, still more to go

View attachment 352342

View attachment 352343

View attachment 352344
Don’t know what my actual speed is but about 58mph on my dbxle 2.0 on 8s and I believe about 82mph on 12s if not faster. Max 5 g2. My O8s and K8s are stock though so about 52mph.

Back