Granite main gear linear play?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.mahdi_sh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
hey there
finally i got a granite V3 Blx as my first rc and i've got some soldering to do so i thought i should check on the gear mesh and the slipper clutch as i've read some had problems with them out of the box.
i took out the power module, unscrewed the case, the mesh was a little tight so i loosened it a bit and screwed the case back on. but then i noticed some play in the spur going back and forth.
i don't remember if it was loose out of the box and i'm pretty sure it wasn't like this.
so my question is
should the spur-clutch assembly have this type of play? or i'm missing smth here?

tnx for the help in advance

P.S: the motor screws where so tighten from the factory, the screws had a print on the motor plate!!

photo_2021-05-09_03-37-58.jpg

photo_2021-05-09_03-38-01.jpg

IMG_20210509_034113_772_1.gif

That's normal. They all have play like that. Once the power module is installed in the car, the centre driveshaft will push onto the slipper assembly holding it in place.

hey there
finally i got a granite V3 Blx as my first rc and i've got some soldering to do so i thought i should check on the gear mesh and the slipper clutch as i've read some had problems with them out of the box.
i took out the power module, unscrewed the case, the mesh was a little tight so i loosened it a bit and screwed the case back on. but then i noticed some play in the spur going back and forth.
i don't remember if it was loose out of the box and i'm pretty sure it wasn't like this.
so my question is
should the spur-clutch assembly have this type of play? or i'm missing smth here?

tnx for the help in advance

P.S: the motor screws where so tighten from the factory, the screws had a print on the motor plate!!

View attachment 144587

View attachment 144588

View attachment 144589
That's normal. You can put washers on the two motor mount screws to increase the surface area, I did.

That's normal. They all have play like that. Once the power module is installed in the car, the centre driveshaft will push onto the slipper assembly holding it in place.
Yes i noticed that
Thank you
That's normal. You can put washers on the two motor mount screws to increase the surface area, I did.
I will definitely do so, but the plate kinda seems damaged cause of that, not a big deal though
Thank you for the tip

Back