Maintenance Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slava1987

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Vorteks
Cheer, comrades!

There is always a time when you are getting tired of something. For me it was another time I wanted to do some work with my chassis. I’m tired of using boxes or tires for keeping my chassis in place while I mess about with wrench and screwdrivers. Twitching for grabbing the chassis while it wants to slide somewhere is my general routine for several years in RC.

Meanwhile I wasn’t satisfied with roundabout types of chassis stands. I had to catch some balance to keep chassis in place and excessively pressed when both of my hands were busy with instrument.

But never again!:cool: Behold! There is my maintenance post! I designed it for using with both of my chassis scales.

IMG_20230907_143309.jpg

IMG_20230907_143258.jpg

IMG_20230907_143037.jpg

IMG_20230907_143030.jpg

Both of black sides made of 6mm thick polyamide, which was milled with CNC bench. Cross rods made of polyamide using manual lathe. Foundation of the post and legs are aluminum square tubes with sides of 20mm and 2mm wall thickness. Open spaces of tubes supposed to be sealed with 3-D printed rubber plugs.

Auxiliary legs hold up in upper position generally which gives me about 100mm height of the post. Even in this stance 6S Kraton can be hold in place with all wheels on. Auxiliary legs provide about 80mm of additional height, so wheels of 8S Outcast dangle in the air either. I suggest with this kind of peculiarity it can be also used like showcase stand.

I have in mind some improvements for having the opportunity to hold shock absorbers vertically for oils changing or hold screwdrivers every time the post in idle. I suppose it like small workbench for my RC garage.

Sure, it has some flaw so I open for any advises. Maybe someone of you can use my experience for your own sake to create better tools to protrude our hobby slightly further.:D

Good luck during your rides!

Last edited:
Nice job. That sure is pretty! I use hard foam yoga blocks.
Thank you! Sure. There are always many sutable things for our perposes but there is never the same thing for second time, at least for me.:D Today I have some box and week after there aren't any boxes around. Moreover hobby itself pushes us to new ridges, so I spent some time for it, but now there is thing for very special task is just to hold my chassis. And no any annoying boxes around!:LOL:

Last edited:
Well that's gotta be the most bitchin fancy pants rc stand I've ever seen!! Nice job! I bet you can sell those if you're inclined.
Me? I use whatever is within my grasp..as precariously as you specified,over and over!! Can't fix stupid!! LOL 🤪🙃😂 Enjoy!!👍🍻

You really did a nice professional job on that! Looks great! Ps...drinking a margarita and couldn't find the pics....finally discovered i had to click on black box.... I'm pretty sharp!

Well that's gotta be the most bitchin fancy pants rc stand I've ever seen!! Nice job! I bet you can sell those if you're inclined.
Me? I use whatever is within my grasp..as precariously as you specified,over and over!! Can't fix stupid!! LOL 🤪🙃😂 Enjoy!!👍🍻
Thank you. Yes, I've made quite a lot things for RC cars, especially for Arrma 6S, some of it commercially viable more or less. Maybe I'll show some later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back