Spare Screws! Good sizes to have in your tool box, post them up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCbuzz

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Senton 3s
Most Commonly Needed Spare Screws List:

Arrma 3S/4S Line:

Arrma 6S Line:

*Upper Shock Screws: 3x28MM Socket (when they bend just throw another one on, "tower saver screws")
*F/R Suspension Mount: 3x20MM Counter Sunk
*Wing Mount Screws: 3x20MM Button (If you don't have a flexible wing mount, grab a large bag of these :LOL: )
*BulkHead Screws (bottom): 4x12MM Countersunk (will 4x14MM work here?)
*Motor Mount Slide Screws: 4x18MM Button (Better to go Socket Head w/washer here)
*Plastic side guard/Battery Tray Screws: 3x8MM Counter Sunk
*Plastic Chassis Braces: 4x18MM Countersunk (if you have metal braces best to go longer here, if the screw snaps you will have "bite" to remove the broken section)

Arrma 8S Line:
Bulkhead Screws (bottom): 5x16mm (IMO these are too short, I have used 5x18mm and they seem to work great, I think 5x20mm also works? (verification needed)).
Diff Cup Screws (Center, F/R): 3.5x16mm

Please post up what typically bends, breaks, falls off, or is just plain useful. I think this will be a great place to reference the sizes for the "good to have" spares. (y)
Screw kits are a great place to start but also nice to have more of the common break sizes plus upgraded ones for the motor mount or longer screws where applicable. The kits as well, depending on the kit breaker are missing certain screws.

Last edited:
Most Commonly Needed Spare Screws List:

Arrma 3S/4S Line:

Arrma 6S Line:

*Upper Shock Screws: 3x28MM Socket
*F/R Suspension Mount: 3x20MM Counter Sunk
*Wing Mount Screws: 3x20MM Button
*Bulk Head Screws (bottom): 4x12MM Countersunk (will 4x14MM work here?)
*Motor Mount Slide Screws: 4x18MM Button (Better to go Socket Head w/washer here)
*Plastic side guard/Battery Tray Screws: 3x8MM Counter Sunk
*Plastic Chassis Braces: 4x18MM Countersunk (if you have metal braces best to go longer here, if the screw snaps you will have "bite" to remove the broken section)

Arrma 8S Line:

Please post up what typically bends, breaks, or falls off, I think this will be a great place to reference the "good to have" spares. (y)
For all my Arrma rigs I buy a bolt bag from Jennys RC that way I know I have every screw on that rig, after you buy 3 or 4 you'll all the most common screws,

For all my Arrma rigs I buy a bolt bag from Jennys RC that way I know I have every screw on that rig, after you buy 3 or 4 you'll all the most common screws,

Agreed. Whenever I make a purchase from JenRC, I add a few screw kits at $6.

1701130683613.png

Agreed. Whenever I make a purchase from JenRC, I add a few screw kits at $6.

View attachment 334369
Me also. Jennys Hardware sets when I make other purchases.

I always swap out the (2) 6s Motor Mount mesh screws for better deeper Hexed Socket head ones. Usually out the box I do this. And I never trust the Factory mesh anyway. Usually slammed tight or too loose. I just swap out the screws while I am there. (M4 x 18mm) Using Blue Threadlocker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back