Outcast Mamba Monster esc w/2200kv motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
Thinking about putting my Mm2 system into my Outcast and see how it runs. It's in my Senton right now, but lately my Senton just sits on display looking Sexy. Stock body never gets used on my Senton, just too cool to ding up. Any who, I'm going to do that this weekend and also change the plugs to XT90 plugs and change the steering servo while I have it in the Lab AKA the living room.

So how is the motor combo working out so far in the outcast? Thinking about converting my senton into the outcast. Have everything to do it, kraton diffs, rpm arms all around, cvd, dogbones and turn buckles.

Haven't installed it yet. Going out of town next weekend, so I must get it done before I go. The Outcast is coming with me (along with the Kraton and Typhon). I'll keep ya posted.

Getting it ready for the Mamba!

Attachments

• 20170806_183629.jpg
    20170806_183629.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 81
Getting it ready for the Mamba!
I have the castle esc and 2200kv motor in my kraton with a 13t pinion and love it, especially with the bacjkflips. I do have the kraton diffs in my senton, just need to shim them and change the fluids to 10k like the outcast. My avatar is my senton by the way........lol

Nice!! Like the Beetle body on there. I'm running a 15t hardened pinion in my Outcast and a 14t I think in my Kraton with a Leopard motor and Hobbywing Max8 esc. Can't wait to drive my Outcast once it's all hooked up.

I tried the 14t in my kraton with the castle motor and esc combo on 4s but the way I bash it got hot quick.....lol. With the 13t it stays cooler and no real noticeable difference but sure runs lots cooler now. Might also have something to do with the hobbywing c4 motor heatsink fan combo too. Not real sure because I installed fan when I changed pinion but it is cooler and better now. I can bash it hard and not have to worry about heat....

Got that outcast going yet??? Patiently waiting on a run time report.....

Not yet. Going to finish the install today after work and solder on the XT90 connectors. It'll be up and running tomorrow and I'll have a report. Had to clean it off some from the last time I took it out about a month ago. Been running my Typhon lately.

Got it installed. Waiting for my 6s pack to finish charging.

Attachments

• 20170808_143331.jpg
    20170808_143331.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 74
Finally got the Outcast out yesterday for a run with the MM2 system installed. First five minutes didnt exactly go as planned, had a steering issue. Went back to the lab, and came back outside 30 minutes later. It's pretty beasty with the 2200kv motor and 15t pinion. Does standing backflips no problem and has a nice top speed. Other then one of my backflip tires slightly coming unglued, it was a good run! Also, met a new RC buddy that lives in the same apt complex as me. He has a Slash, so we did a few drag races and he asked me about the Outcast and other RCs. He is completely sold on getting an Outcast! He said he wants something like his Slash, I told him to also check out the Senton.

Think I may convert my senton back over to an outcast. Did it once before but didn't like the way it drove with the senton diffs in it. I now have a set of the kraton diffs to go in it running 10k fluid front and rear, 100k center. Will have to experiment with different pinions to find my happy spot since I'll be running 4s. Really like the idea of a stunt truck that can take the abuse.......lol

Same diff set up I have with the 100k in the center and 10k in the front. I think I might have put 7k in the rear on my Kraton.

Are you running this on 4s? I have the mamba monster X esc and thinking about grabbing teh 2200kv sensored motor for my outcast.

Are you running this on 4s? I have the mamba monster X esc and thinking about grabbing teh 2200kv sensored motor for my outcast.
I'm running my senton on 4s with the mmx esc and 2200kv motor, 15t pinion and kraton diffs front and rear.

Lol so true. I try not to get too crazy with mine, but some days can't help it.

So is the mmx perfect power or do you advise jumping to xlx for the heck of it?
I believe the mmx is fine for this type of rig, I have no problems with mine and it does everything I need it to. As far as the xlx goes I think it's a little to much unless you're putting it in a 1/5 rig. All the extras that it comes with you will probably never use on an 1/8 rig. I'd recommend the mmx unless you just feel you want the extras that the xlx has to offer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back