Max6 - 1650kv fan mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
I made a new fan mount for the Max6 1650kv motor. Wanted one that does not restrict air flow. Seen too many designs that restrict air flow and the one I used before did the same. Turned out to be pretty ugly but functional. Use TPU. Version with beveled sides on Thingiverse. Bit tight on the Mojave as you can see.

20240327_193818.jpg

The gap between motor and fan mount is a lot bigger. Here with the one I used before. Fan now turns faster (sounds) and moves more air. You can feel more air moving - compared with old and new fan mount side by side.

20240327_193153a.jpg

Last edited:
I made a new fan mount for the Max6 1650kv motor. Wanted one that does not restrict air flow. Seen too many designs that restrict air flow and the one I used before did the same. Turned out to be pretty ugly but functional. Use TPU. Version with beveled sides on Thingiverse. Bit tight on the Mojave as you can see.

View attachment 357368

The gap between motor and fan mount is a lot bigger. Here with the one I used before. Fan now turns faster (sound) and mores more air. You can feel more air moving. Compared with old and new fan mount side by side.

View attachment 357371

Your design 💥👍

That looks good, I had trouble finding a good cooling solution for mine as well. I finally found an open frame mount style for 2 fans. The fans were garbage but used the mount for some better fans. This would have worked but probably not under the body shell in the Typhon. Would be close

Back