Kraton MAX6 bullet connector size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. 4x4-Mega
Hi I just purchased the new MAX6 combo that includes the 4958 motor with the temperature sensor for my Kraton but the problem is the motor cords that plug into the esc are about an inch or so to short. Does anyone know what kind of extensions I’d need for that. Pretty sure the male end is 6.5mm, would that also make the female connector on the esc a 6.5? That seems logical but when I do a internet search I can’t find 6.5mm to 6.5mm but mostly 6.5mm male to 8mm female. Thanks

Hi I just purchased the new MAX6 combo that includes the 4958 motor with the temperature sensor for my Kraton but the problem is the motor cords that plug into the esc are about an inch or so to short. Does anyone know what kind of extensions I’d need for that. Pretty sure the male end is 6.5mm, would that also make the female connector on the esc a 6.5? That seems logical but when I do a internet search I can’t find 6.5mm to 6.5mm but mostly 6.5mm male to 8mm female. Thanks

if you run the leads straight up it reaches with a little bit of room to spare

IMG_9669.PNG

if you run the leads straight up it reaches with a little bit of room to spare

View attachment 36347
Is that the HW 4985 motor as well? I’ll have to take a closer look because when I checked it out yesterday I didn’t see that I could have it mounted straight up. I have it turned partially inward. If I can straighten it up then it should at least be closer for sure.

Is that the HW 4985 motor as well? I’ll have to take a closer look because when I checked it out yesterday I didn’t see that I could have it mounted straight up. I have it turned partially inward. If I can straighten it up then it should at least be closer for sure.
[/QUOTE

Ok, so I just took the M2C motor mount off and there is a total of 4 mounting holes on the HW motor and so it looks like there is no way that you can have the motor mounted straight up and down using the M2C motor mount since the mount is strictly fixed.

Yeah it's the 4985 1650kv but with the stock motor mount and center diff raised 3mm to clearance the bigger can

Yeah it's the 4985 1650kv but with the stock motor mount and center diff raised 3mm to clearance the bigger can

I really like the M2C motor mount so I’d hate to take it off. I’d probably go with the Markhor big block motor mount just for the fact it’s much more sturdy looking compared to the stock, plus it already sits up higher as well to get the motor off the chassis.

Can you get a pic of how the M2C mount setup? They hadn't released the MM when I bought the M2C chassis, but it "was" on my list of things pick up, but I'm reconsidering now...

Can you get a pic of how the M2C mount setup? They hadn't released the MM when I bought the M2C chassis, but it "was" on my list of things pick up, but I'm reconsidering now...

Attachments

• 956DD7CA-7469-43A9-B9B5-AA28540F2A7D.jpeg
    956DD7CA-7469-43A9-B9B5-AA28540F2A7D.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 84
So you can see in the photo, that when you slide it into the mount on the chassis you can’t have the motor siting straight up and down. I’m going to order the parts I need and make my own extenders. I wouldn’t trust the factory motor mount with this motor since it’s so much bigger and heavier. Ideally id say the Markhor big block motor mount would be the best by far but I do like the M2C for the convenience factor.

Attachments

• BA400942-39E2-4A71-85BD-2FBA2AE2F9DD.jpeg
    BA400942-39E2-4A71-85BD-2FBA2AE2F9DD.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 65

49mm diameter motor is pretty big, how does it drive? Id assume a significant increase in torque. Have you tried 8s on it?
0.33 lbs increase in weight is fairly significant.

I'll test it this weekend, been sick all week with the flu.
I’m suppose to have my goodies to make the extenders tomorrow so I’m hoping I’ll be ready for the weekend too. Crossing my fingers it won’t be to much torque.

Got everything setup and programmed, threw in a 4s pack @ storage voltage and ripped it down the driveway one time just to make sure everything was working correctly.

Wow!
This thing is ROWDY as hell on 4s.

I'll charge a 6s pack and give it a good beat down in the morning :)

Got everything setup and programmed, threw in a 4s pack @ storage voltage and ripped it down the driveway one time just to make sure everything was working correctly.

Wow!
This thing is ROWDY as hell on 4s.

I'll charge a 6s pack and give it a good beat down in the morning :)

What size pinion are you using? I installed a 21t in mine. I still need to set the electronics up as well before I run mine. I think I’m going to try it without the extenders as well. It’s tight but it doesn’t seem as tight as it was when I was testing it out for placement.

So you can see that motor cables are tight, but I think they’ll be ok

Attachments

• 7294F4D0-6667-4EFD-B050-F0D01A032F94.jpeg
    7294F4D0-6667-4EFD-B050-F0D01A032F94.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 76
Cables look good, just long enough to get the job done with the added headache of using extensions.

I'm running a 20t to start off with geared for mid 60's and I mounted my Max6 by tapping 3 of the 4 holes on the bottom of the ESC and using m3x8's screwed in from the bottom of the plastic tray

How did you mount the Max6? Double sided tape?

I used the high heat Gorilla double sided tape. Much thicker then the stuff HW supplies. I’m hoping the the tape holds without needing to put screws into the esc.

Last edited:
I used the high heat Gorilla double sided tape. Much thicker then the stuff HW supplies.
Does it withstand big air landings? Do you send it?

I haven’t had the chance to send it as of yet, with this set up but I was pretty hard on it with the factory stuff last summer. Sure hope it hold up to some big air and crashes. I’d hate to see the esc dislodge. That tape is really good though. I used it on an old Novak SS esc and when I tried to remove the esc, the bottom half of the esc came apart so the tape did its job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back