Kraton MAX6 G2 vs MAX6 V?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really debating between an mmx8s and a max 6 g2 for my new kraton exb. Very hard choice :eek:

Does the new max6 suffer the cogging issues that the new max5 does with different motors? I’ve got the OG max6 in a couple different rigs and I’m happy with it. I’ve got a MMX8s with a TP 4070 1700kv in my Kraton XL and it doesn’t seem THAT much stronger than my Mojave running a OG max6 with a surpass 1580kv.

Does the new max6 suffer the cogging issues that the new max5 does with different motors? I’ve got the OG max6 in a couple different rigs and I’m happy with it. I’ve got a MMX8s with a TP 4070 1700kv in my Kraton XL and it doesn’t seem THAT much stronger than my Mojave running a OG max6 with a surpass 1580kv.
What cogging issues on Max5 G2? Is it specifically when using a non-hobbywing motor? I hadn't heard about that.

I have a mmx8s in an XLKraton too. It seems to be a little better. Runs a little cooler. To be honest I don’t really think it’s worth the extra money. Yeah it will almost crawl but I never drive slow😂😄

Sorry I replied to the wrong thing 🤷 Same thread different dude.

I got MMX8s 1717 combo for my Infraction because Max6 v3 (g1) was not sensored. Now that G2 is out and it's sensored I would probably go with that, although it just barely fits in the infraction.

I got MMX8s 1717 combo for my Infraction because Max6 v3 (g1) was not sensored. Now that G2 is out and it's sensored I would probably go with that, although it just barely fits in the infraction.
I bought the same thing for my XLKraton for the same reason. I had to give it a try 👍. I just ordered my first G2 ESC combo so I hope it’s good 🤞. I ordered two 4s batteries that are small enough to fit the Kraton 6s. The OG MAX6 kicks ass so it should be interesting. No more Castle for me if this ESC works out like I want it to. I have a few and they are great but the price is too much to justify it. Just my opinion and I don’t do speed running. I’m a dirt slinger and high jumper wannabe lol !

I'm interested in temps for the max 6 g2 because that was my biggest problem with the og max 6 in comparison to the MMX8S. I hated how hot the max 6 got 😔

I'm interested in temps for the max 6 g2 because that was my biggest problem with the og max 6 in comparison to the MMX8S. I hated how hot the max 6 got 😔
I run 40/28 aluminum fans on the motor and Esc. If I push it hard it will go into thermal. I’m hoping to G2 having 200 amp capacity will help. Normal bashing it’s fine but if I really hold it wide open doing donuts and constantly doggin on it it happens. I have done that too many times to count.

Wow

Seeing you send them on YT I did not know of the temp issue or missed it. I keep a digital thermo on all my rigs to see the temperature. The older Max6 does well with Radio Control 40mm fan stay at or below 140F and can get to 150F really dogging it. I bash hard, but I do not do the big air as you do, so I cannot say how long they would last in your use case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back