MMX8s loose motor wire socket. Is this bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micron

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton EXB
So, I was making some changes to my car today and when I pulled the motor wires out of my MMX8s I noticed that the A motor wire socket is loose. The clear epoxy around the gold plug is cracked and it can be moved around. The B and C sockets are fine and It was running fine last time out, so is this something that needs to be fixed or is this safe to keep running? Thanks for any help with this.

Unfortunaly that is bad news and I would stop using it.

If it is wiggling that means there is no longer any permanent contact between the bullet connector and the PCB.

Is it under warranty? I would email castle to see if they can help first. Soldering those back can be difficult

I hot glue around all the ports 1st thing when I get them...I'd hot glue it an run it..castle will have you send it to them then say it can't be fixed..only real way to sodor back on is from underneath..so can't be fixed..run it till it dies,then send it to castle for a 70$ core an get new 1 for 130$$

Well thanks for the quick reply's boys, With your info I'm going to think about my next move with it overnight and decide in the morning on running it like it is or sending it in!(y)

I hot glue around all the ports 1st thing when I get them...I'd hot glue it an run it..castle will have you send it to them then say it can't be fixed..only real way to sodor back on is from underneath..so can't be fixed..run it till it dies,then send it to castle for a 70$ core an get new 1 for 130$$

Hot Glue?
How?

I have 2 of these MMX8S's and they're over $200 new. Not cheap for something thats cheap. All of them are the same.

Hot Glue?
How?

I have 2 of these MMX8S's and they're over $200 new. Not cheap for something thats cheap. All of them are the same.
I do it soon as I receive them..here's old burnt up xlx2 I hot glued around ports.ive had them come loose or yanked out to many times..I fill around them for added support..

20230708_222657.jpg

20230708_222633.jpg

Hot Glue?
How?

You do now you can send any junk esc of any brand to castle an get mmx8s for 130$ or 170$ fir xlx2 right.includeing your 2 bad ones..

I purchased a new one this morning and I will send the bad one in at some point! Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back