Mojave 4s steering slop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys!
I've done a bit of research for this, but thought this was the best place to ask. Hope I don't get torched, as it's probably been asked a million times!
I've recently bought a new Mojave 4s and would like to sort out the steering slop. It's pretty shite for a new car imo! Any info on what to do in the way of parts, brands and diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Suspension/steering slop is sort of common but usually fixable. You'll need to figure out where it's coming from. Check the servo, bell crank and servo saver first. Also check the tie rods and the axles. The axles are common an they can be shimmed.

Suspension/steering slop is sort of common but usually fixable. You'll need to figure out where it's coming from. Check the servo, bell crank and servo saver first. Also check the tie rods and the axles. The axles are common an they can be shimmed.
Cheers mate, I'll check it out. The silence was deafening! Hahaha! Thanks for replying to an all too common question.

All brands have some play in there. They really don't have the time to fine tune every car off the line. The final result depends on the components being min/max spec of each part connected. Assuming nothing is broken or loose that is probably what you are seeing.

It's a good group of people here, they really try to help out when they can.

Maybe changing out the brass bushings for bearings in the steering posts/bell crank could help here. It's something I plan to do on my K6, also. Just wish I knew about this before flipping the top plate for a front brace install.
Thanks mate!

Hey legends! For anyone interested, I sorted the steering slop. New bellcrank, servo link and horn, steering arms and steering hubs! All GPM. Pretty stoked with it. Muuuch less play now. Thanks for all the feedback. Cheers!

20240229_184511.jpg

20240229_184550.jpg

Back