Mojave 4s diff fluid recommendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwooky

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i just bought a blx 4s mojave a few weeks ago. Today i noticed the center diff was getting hot and before it wasnt. I was wondering what i could do to keep them cool? Higher cst oils? Any help would be awesome. Everything is stock except i put in a aluminum driveshaft because the factory one broke in half.

Hello all, i just bought a blx 4s mojave a few weeks ago. Today i noticed the center diff was getting hot and before it wasnt. I was wondering what i could do to keep them cool? Higher cst oils? Any help would be awesome. Everything is stock except i put in a aluminum driveshaft because the factory one broke in half.
Check for binding in the front or rear driveline. If the center diff is getting hot it's being tasked with too much diffing. Stock if I remember correctly is 500k oil.

Agree look for any bad bearings. I normally remove the pinion and give it a roll test. Very possible the center diff was low on fluid out of the factory. Just out of curiosity how are you checking the center diff for heat? Is the motor getting hot as well?

Back