Kraton Mojave 6S motor stopped turning after 4 hours total run time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask 20 people, you will probably get 20 different answers. As of late I use Super Lube oil. Any thin High temp oil is good. Maybe others will chime in. There are many boutique RC oils out there. AVID and Trinity make good oils. I like Super Lube because it comes in higher quantity and I use it for many other things.

And I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times, but what is everyone's preferred lubricant for bearings? I see a few mentions in the cleaning link that was posted above, but I assume something low viscosity is required for metal shielded bearings... what about rubber shielded? Do you remove the rubber shields?
Here are a few responses concerning this subject I found on this forum:

Oceanminded wrote"​

I have had new Kraton 6s now for a few weeks and want to do some general cleaning/maintenance. I bought Simple Green, Blaster Multi-Purpose Lubricant, Liberty Bearing Synthetic Oil for R/C, Maxima Racing Contact Cleaner, and Permatex White Lithium Grease. After I clean and dry with air compressor what do I need to spray, lube, oil, or grease and/or will some of the parts need to be exposed in order to do so? I wasn't planning on taking apart difs yet as this will just be a basic clean/maintenance.

Nino wrote:

If it's only dust and dirt, many people like to simply blow air into it (I have a compressor at home and that works very well). When it's very dirty and muddy, you can spray some Simple Green (I personally use Finish Line Bike Wash, because I already have it) and rinse with a gentle water spray from a garden hose (no high pressure), while staying away from the electronics. This will not be very good for the bearings, so you need to make sure that you dry the truck very well. Again, compressed air is a good way to dry it.

If you ride in cut grass, some can get between the fan and ESC heat sink, which can interfere with the fan operation. If that's the case, you will need to remove the fan to remove the junk from there. It happened to me a few days ago.

After the clean up, many people recommend to spray silicon lubricant on the moving parts.

I will let the more knowledgeable hobby veterans in the forum comment on the proposed scheduled maintenance. The only thing I can recommend from experience is to buy a sealed bearing kit and replace them as needed. This time will come rapidly if you drive it in water and mud, especially the hub bearings.

And here's a video titled" Don't use WD40 on bearings.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoT92XCkPZc&docid=608025691376388705&mid=6D639DB216A026A85D3F6D639DB216A026A85D3F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Many THANKS JKFLOW. I am so new to the sport that have I relied on too many YouTube videos that showed R/Cer's washing down their cars with a hose. I won't do that again. No more WD 40 for me. I will watch YouTube R/C video's with the upmost dissgression and not consider everything being presented to be the gospel.

The 50% maintenance and 50% running now sure makes complete sense. Maybe there is a beginners guide to R/C vehicles out there that I have not yet discovered. I'm surprised the Manufacturer's don't give tips on cleaning their products. Seems it would cut down on unnecessary warranty claims.

I'm just curious, if these ARRMA cars are all made in China, what does ARRMA do with all the returned vehicles and the parts. Recycle them?
Be careful with those YT video how too's. A lot of misinformation passed on and on. Many are urban legend how too's. Some of them make things look easy and fast to do. But when cleaning and maintaining your RC rig, generally there are no short cuts.... if you are looking for one. There is usually one or two right ways to do it depending how involved you want to get ( time permitting) and how dirty you bash. When it comes to Ball Bearings, they must be removed. Especially if they got wet. The rubber seals should be popped off and the bearings soaked clean dried and lubed. You can use a few dabs of WP grease in the bearings instread of Oil if you want to preserve the bearings more when running in heavy dirt mud and water. But once bearings get wet inside, they just got to be removed or the next time you will have seized bearings for sure. One by one they will fail. Cages inside will blow out the rubber seals etc. You can also get Stainless bearings if you so choose. They wont last longer wear wise , but will take water without rusting. Water ingress of bearings carry's dirt also.

Be careful with those YT video how too's. A lot of misinformation passed on and on. Many are urban legend how too's. Some of them make things look easy and fast to do. But when cleaning and maintaining your RC rig, generally there are no short cuts.... if you are looking for one. There is usually one or two right ways to do it depending how involved you want to get ( time permitting) and how dirty you bash. When it comes to Ball Bearings, they must be removed. Especially if they got wet. The rubber seals should be popped off and the bearings soaked clean dried and lubed. You can use a few dabs of WP grease in the bearings instread of Oil if you want to preserve the bearings more when running in heavy dirt mud and water. But once bearings get wet inside, they just got to be removed or the next time you will have seized bearings for sure. One by one they will fail. Cages inside will blow out the rubber seals etc. You can also get Stainless bearings if you so choose. They wont last longer wear wise , but will take water without rusting. Water ingress of bearings carry's dirt also.
Great info. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back