Mojave Mojave in my backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris8105

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in getting a Mojave to rip around my back yard. I’m curious how this thing does in the grass. My only concern with the truck is how bad the traction rolling would be. Are there any mods/upgrades that would help to keep it from rolling?

This truck looks like it’s a blast to drive around.

It’s fantastic and you’ll understand steering rate quickly to eliminate roll. Unlike a wide arm Kraton/Talion/Fireteam elementary button masher rig, it’s a much more refined technical driving experience.

I have two Mojaves and neither of them traction roll in sand or gravel, or even wet tarmac. They will roll over on dry tarmac and grass or other vegetation though. There's nothing you can do about that.

I have two Mojaves and neither of them traction roll in sand or gravel, or even wet tarmac. They will roll over on dry tarmac and grass or other vegetation though. There's nothing you can do about that.
Have you tried a different tire? 🤔
Otherwise the name fits!

Wider hubs/adapter if you’re set on the fortress, I run custom tires on my THREE Mojave(4/6/8S) and they slide wonderfully on hot tarmac and dry *grass.

*Wisconsin Kentucky bluegrass, any of that southern desert sandpaper they call a lawn is probably inevitable for any RC 😂

DD504E3D-6EC2-46EE-AE57-3D975927A746.jpeg

Last edited:
Otherwise the name fits!

Wider hubs/adapter if you’re set on the fortress, I run custom tires on my THREE Mojave(4/6/8S) and they slide wonderfully on hot tarmac and dry *grass.

*Wisconsin Kentucky bluegrass, any of that southern desert sandpaper they call a lawn is probably inevitable for any RC 😂

View attachment 293248
I don't bother trying different tyres anymore. I run stock wheels on one and Louise on the other.

Otherwise the name fits!

View attachment 293248
'Bluegrass' you mean that stuff in the picture? That's no lawn, that's a dirt road 🤣

'Bluegrass' you mean that stuff in the picture? That's no lawn, that's a dirt road 🤣

I’m dreading paying someone to mow all 10 acres, can’t find the time this year! might have to throw a 42” deck on a modded XMaxx 😝

Last edited:
I just got one today. I love it already. The traction rolling isn't too bad once you get the hang of it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back