Typhon Mojave tires a wheels on Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to dremel a bit off the front "nose" of the new kraton chassis to fit the tlr hingepin block, anyone else?
My whole front end of my K6 was Mohave....but now I just put on the stock Typhon arms.
My Typhon now has the Mojave arms with the stock towers.
So I didn't use anything that needed to be modified to fit.
Wow I confuse myself! :ROFLMAO:

Makes an incredible parking lot ripper!!!!! Max6? I'm running a Max6 4985 1650kv & sometimes it's A LITTLE uncontrollable, in a good way!!😉😃🤘 This is the Toe Cutter before getting turned into a speedrunner

View attachment 251494

View attachment 251495
Yeah right now it's a max6/4092 hobbystar 1730kv geared 24/46. I may pull it and put a spare g2 max8/2250 combo i have in and finagle the gearing to be close to where i was with the 4092. I am starting to think weight savings on it a little and i need to replace the max6 in my outcast. it's getting glitchy when the batteries get close to lvc anyways.

Well took it out today with the mojaves on it. Wow definitely wheelies big time. Handles nice tho and something different. Just need to not turn to sharply on grass. But definitely a off road beast.
Thanks so much everyone for your help.
Ben

View attachment 251469
Looks killer! Like stated the wider Mojave arms will help fitment a lot.
If not the Mojave arms, those JBI hub extenders will do the trick also.(y)
Video the rips!💪

My whole front end of my K6 was Mohave....but now I just put on the stock Typhon arms.
My Typhon now has the Mojave arms with the stock towers.
So I didn't use anything that needed to be modified to fit.
Wow I confuse myself! :ROFLMAO:
Try starting with a typhon, swap to outcast arms/hubs/wing, add senton towers/body posts, rear typhon shocks up front, rear talion shocks out back, and 4s outcast tires on one truck :ROFLMAO:

dude buggy 1.jpg

dude buggy 2.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome!
My setup is all from parts on hand. I just didn't/couldn't leave my Typhon alone. I had to tinker. :LOL:
Yeah i was looking for a slider to do the low profile typhon again but figured i might as well redo the one i already have. I need to go through it and a few other trucks now that i know what i'm doing a little more than i did when i built the first few trucks. May add the v5 receiver box to a few early trucks too. Most of my first ones were v4's.

Yeah i was looking for a slider to do the low profile typhon again but figured i might as well redo the one i already have. I need to go through it and a few other trucks now that i know what i'm doing a little more than i did when i built the first few trucks. May add the v5 receiver box to a few early trucks too. Most of my first ones were v4's.
I hear that. The more you learn the deeper into it you get. This hobby man!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I hear that. The more you learn the deeper into it you get. This hobby man!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Yep! i wasn't so good at the whole diff shimming early on. It's kinda comical to go back and see the crap i did to the early rigs in my collection now :ROFLMAO:

Hahaha that's awesome!
My setup is all from parts on hand. I just didn't/couldn't leave my Typhon alone. I had to tinker. :LOL:
Hell yeah brother!! Arrma makes stuff easily ran, wrecked, repaired & ran again 😃🥰😁 Kinda like a Lego set of rc stuff that someone can put together as they wish 😍 Definitely think I lucked out there 🙂
Try starting with a typhon, swap to outcast arms/hubs/wing, add senton towers/body posts, rear typhon shocks up front, rear talion shocks out back, and 4s outcast tires on one truck :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 251496

View attachment 251497
Just noticed the truck nuts!!! 😅

Last edited:
True that sir, but to help with the larger tires I upgraded to the Kraton front and rear stub axles, F/R hubs and since spiral cut gears are better for bashing, I replaced the Typhon's straighed cut F/R diffs with the spiral cut diffs from the Kraton.

This thing is a beast! Doesn't like me sending it 33ft in the air though, as I broke the sh!t out of it yesterday! 🤷‍♂️ 🤪 🍻 ✌️
You got pics? Would like to see it. I'm thinking about getting the back flips on my truggified typhon. Currently using Mojave tires.

This has been so true for me lately. Ever since the wifey and I started setting up cones at the parking lot I've started looking into how I can improve the handling of my on road rigs and it's led me down the rabbit hole. I had no idea droop could play such a big role. Literally a few turns on the screw and your rig will handle totally different. :ROFLMAO:

This has been so true for me lately. Ever since the wifey and I started setting up cones at the parking lot I've started looking into how I can improve the handling of my on road rigs and it's led me down the rabbit hole. I had no idea droop could play such a big role. Literally a few turns on the screw and your rig will handle totally different. :ROFLMAO:
I'm with you on that! Once I messed with droop it opened up a whole new world of tuning! :ROFLMAO:

Could be worth widening it with mojave arms. If it's a v4 chassis though you might have to trim the droop tabs. I did it on my on road typhon to widen it a little.
Hey, what if you have the v5 typhon 6s do you still need to use the dremmel?

Curious as if you've ever run mojave shocks on your typhon. They're softer & longer yea?
Nope, maybe would have been worth trying but I went from TLR shocks to kraton back to TLR shocks. I'm using the methodrc SC tires on it now and it rips.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back