Typhon Mojave tires a wheels on Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensonsan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering can I fit Mojave tires to my typhon 6s? Want to try larger tires and pop a few wheelies hopefully. Thanks

Yes, it’s possible. Personally I didn’t like the way the buggy handled so I switched back to buggy tires but plenty of people have done it - many threads about it in this forum.

Haven't tried that but got Backflip LPs on mine and it is awesome! You'll need to swap out some of the wheel parts for Kraton parts and get an extender. Well worth it!

Haven't tried that but got Backflip LPs on mine and it is awesome! You'll need to swap out some of the wheel parts for Kraton parts and get an extender. Well worth it!
Ye only need the wider axles for the backflip lps @Smilinbri
The mojave wheels fit on the typhon fine as they're on the same hubs as standard.

The mojave wheels fit on the typhon fine as they're on the same hubs as standard.
True that sir, but to help with the larger tires I upgraded to the Kraton front and rear stub axles, F/R hubs and since spiral cut gears are better for bashing, I replaced the Typhon's straighed cut F/R diffs with the spiral cut diffs from the Kraton.

This thing is a beast! Doesn't like me sending it 33ft in the air though, as I broke the sh!t out of it yesterday! 🤷‍♂️ 🤪 🍻 ✌️

The Mojave wheels/tires have much bite, however they do change the handling much with my TLRT also. And I only run 4s on it FWIW.
But like stated above The Mojo Fortress's are a good plug and play fit on the Typhon. The wheels are Zero offset for the most part. What Buggy wheels are to begin with. No hex extenders needed.
I think LP wheels are best for the Typhon.

^^^
They should have enough bite to do.:unsure: On 6s.
If you like to wheelie I guess.:giggle:
In that case, get the Noto Wheelie bar if you didn't already. Might as well???
JennysRC has the complete assy. You will need extra spare Wing mounts anyway. They are included. Best way to buy it.
Awesome thanks guys I just want to try something different. Will check out the LP aswell
I meant the Typhon is best suited for a Low Profile Buggy tire. IMHO.
BackFlip LP's if you are referring to, will not be a fit with Typhon Short arms... are Too wide with the wrong offset, and will hit the body?:unsure:
Went ahead a bought 2 pair of katar fortresss tires will let you all know how it goes. Should it wheelie?
Let us know how you like them.:cool:

Last edited:
Well took it out today with the mojaves on it. Wow definitely wheelies big time. Handles nice tho and something different. Just need to not turn to sharply on grass. But definitely a off road beast.
Thanks so much everyone for your help.
Ben

FD710183-CD67-434F-866A-8BA7AC6AE49B.jpeg

Well took it out today with the mojaves on it. Wow definitely wheelies big time. Handles nice tho and something different. Just need to not turn to sharply on grass. But definitely a off road beast.
Thanks so much everyone for your help.
Ben

View attachment 251469
Could be worth widening it with mojave arms. If it's a v4 chassis though you might have to trim the droop tabs. I did it on my on road typhon to widen it a little.

Could be worth widening it with mojave arms. If it's a v4 chassis though you might have to trim the droop tabs. I did it on my on road typhon to widen it a little.
You peeking on my build? 😉😁 It's coming...

You peeking on my build? 😉😁 It's coming...
I'm about to redo mine on infraction towers/shocks so it'll sit lower and maybe run the larger felony wheels all around. I did it once before on a standard typhon so it should be low and wide!

street typhon 1.jpg

street typhon 2.jpg

street typhon 3.jpg

street typhon 4.jpg

Had to dremel a bit off the front "nose" of the new kraton chassis to fit the tlr hingepin block, anyone else?
Are the tlr ones very beefy? i've always used crcu/m2c/hot racing/ and now i have a set of treal to try. The new front lower front block has the added meat to put the bumper on as well. Kinda sucks tbone is out of business, i liked their typhon bumper and wanted a few more kraton wheelie bars.

I'm about to redo mine on infraction towers/shocks so it'll sit lower and maybe run the larger felony wheels all around. I did it once before on a standard typhon so it should be low and wide!

View attachment 251490

View attachment 251491

View attachment 251492

View attachment 251493
Makes an incredible parking lot ripper!!!!! Max6? I'm running a Max6 4985 1650kv & sometimes it's A LITTLE uncontrollable, in a good way!!😉😃🤘 This is the Toe Cutter before getting turned into a speedrunner

20220706_234926.jpg

20220706_234837.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back