Limitless Motor heartsick for fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I just got a limitless v2 with 1100 castle motor and my heatsink that was on my 1717 doesn't fit the 1100 motor is way bigger... Any recommendations on heatsin/ fan mount so I can install fan properly

What's the diameter of that motor?

Perhaps something like this ,maybe?
1689830559856.png

I would more than likely need to customize it to what you have..
(and probably only a Dual Fan setup because of the height may not fit under the Limitless body..)

I have a gt body and pp carbon chassis so I have plenty of room

Motor cans that have built-in fins like these Castle motors you ideally do not want to run a heat sink over it.
You would only want to build out a fan setup to blow air over the can (like what Tex is showing above)

Motor cans that have built-in fins like these Castle motors you ideally do not want to run a heat sink over it.
You would only want to build out a fan setup to blow air over the can (like what Tex is showing above)
Ok, I have enough room to just mount them on the chassis a few mm away from the motor

I just got a limitless v2 with 1100 castle motor and my heatsink that was on my 1717 doesn't fit the 1100 motor is way bigger... Any recommendations on heatsin/ fan mount so I can install fan properly
A double "Fan Mount" is advisable. Don't bother using any Heatsink.
2 fans blowing directly at the Motor is better. Cool downs are quicker. Because Less thermal Heat Soak results. A heatsink just creates more Heat soaking. Adding more mass to cool down. Motor remains hotter, and for longer, as a result.
And the Motor is already an Alloy and a Heatsink by design. Whether it's Finned/Extruded, or not.
How I fly.
My Temp Gun does not lie.
Get one if you don't have one already. A must have inexpensive RC tool.
:cool:

Last edited:
@Jester194 are you bashing this RC or single-speed run passes?

I have a single high-rpm fan that runs on 3s and it keeps everything cool enough, but that is for a single speed run versus bashing would benefit from additional fans like @SrC mentioned above.

@Jester194 are you bashing this RC or single-speed run passes?

I have a single high-rpm fan that runs on 3s and it keeps everything cool enough, but that is for a single speed run versus bashing would benefit from additional fans like @SrC mentioned above.
Probably bashing for a bit... I have a single fan now that moves a lot of air but not quite enough

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back