Granite Motor is wedged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airontay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Messing around with the truck and I am having some problems with getting the motor out. I pull the tab forward and it is jammed pretty tight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to loosen it up? It feels like I am going to snap or break something off if I keep pulling.

and once its out, i put a little grease on the bottom tabs, it seems to help in subsequent removals

Do you need to remove the slipper clutch before pulling on the motor?
Got it off, but didn't pop off like some of the videos out there.

Attachments

• 20190518_164009.jpg
    20190518_164009.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 23
Is it supposed to be in the grooves or on top?
Can't get the motor to sit flush. I think something is bent or plastic is warped.

Attachments

• 20190518_192916.jpg
    20190518_192916.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Do you need to remove the slipper clutch before pulling on the motor?
Got it off, but didn't pop off like some of the videos out there.
You shouldn't have to, but am I seeing that it has the differential and parts of the axle still attached? If so, that the issue, you're supposed to pull that tab up that says pull to release the motor assy from the rear.
Is it supposed to be in the grooves or on top?
Can't get the motor to sit flush. I think something is bent or plastic is warped.
it goes in the grooves (and i would add a little grease to it to make it slide easier.

do you still have the rear diff apart? i found that my motor assy wouldnt sit right/flush until I had put the diff housing back together with all the screws tightened down.

Still can't get it. Gonna call local hobby shop tomorrow. Doing something wrong or the is a major defect in the chassis.

I have to give Horizon Hobby some credit. After sending pics and explaining my situation on the chassis and motor mount, they must feel that there was a defect of some sort. They are sending a new chassis and new motor mount. Took a few emails, but happy with their customer service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back