Big Rock Motor burning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie0616

Reaction score
Just put a new 2400kv motor with a hot racing slipping clutch in my Arrma big rock and ran for like not even 5 minutes and started to smell like burning. Could it be the motor went bad

Just put a new 2400kv motor with a hot racing slipping clutch in my Arrma big rock and ran for like not even 5 minutes and started to smell like burning. Could it be the motor went bad
could be I would take it out and strip it to make sure

Make sure gears are turning smoothly, no binding.

Do you know your motor temps? Your slipper is probably loose or installed incorrectly.

There should be a slight bit of play in your gear mesh between the pinion and spur. If this is too tight, it will overheat your motor.

Do you know your motor temps? Your slipper is probably loose or installed incorrectly.
No I don’t know the motor temp but motor wasnt hot when it happened.

There should be a slight bit of play in your gear mesh between the pinion and spur. If this is too tight, it will overheat your motor.
There is play between the pinion and spur

Take the motor out and smell it. If it let any smoke out, it'll smell like it. If it's faint, or smells fine, move on to the ESC, then the servo. If something burnt, you'll know it.

which bigrock? 6s or crew cab
3s crew cab but I have 120 esc with a 2400kv

Take the motor out and smell it. If it let any smoke out, it'll smell like it. If it's faint, or smells fine, move on to the ESC, then the servo. If something burnt, you'll know it.
Esc and servo are fine motor smells like it burnt but it didn’t start smoking at all

Back