Big Rock My 3s rig is starting to feel slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corally is popular. Depending where you are, for OE parts support. But very nicely setup and much lighter.(y)
I always felt Upgrade Brand part support was slim however.
There is great parts support for Corally in the US now. RC Hobby Explosion has just about any part you would need, whether it be replacement parts or upgrade parts. I'm a regular customer. (y)

Now that I got a taste of 6s my arrma big rock feels so slow. 4s time?
Go right to 6s .the money you'll spend to get it to 4 s better off just spending a little more for 6 s.thats what I plan on my big rock myself.😁👍
Go right to 6s .the money you'll spend to get it to 4 s better off just spending a little more for 6 s.thats what I plan on my big rock myself.😁👍
Which ever you go I wish you luck bro

If you never ran a 6s rig with 4s, properly geared before, you would never know to appreciate it. The handling dynamics of the rig will become more pronounced.
4s has more power than you would think. 6s doesn't necessarily make the rig faster with bashing.
Unless perhaps , you slammed your rig with 2+ pounds of added upgrade weight. Alloys etc. Then you may need 6s.
Again it is all about the Power to Weight ratio.

Last edited:

Which ever you go I wish you luck bro
Already got me a kraton and felony

Already got me a kraton and felony
Nice.
If you never ran a 6s rig with 4s, properly geared before, you would never know to appreciate it. The handling dynamics of the rig will become more pronounced.
4s has more power than you would think. 6s doesn't necessarily make the rig faster with bashing.
Unless perhaps , you slammed your rig with 2+ pounds of added upgrade weight. Alloys etc. Then you may need 6s.
Again it is all about the Power to Weight ratio.
You are right .weight is needed.

why would you run a 6s rig w 4s? Is 6s for speed runs? does it keep it cooler so you can run as long as you want without worrying about temps?

thanks!
As many have echoed it’s about control of the power. My local track is a 1/10 and my stock Typhon on 6s can eject its self over the track walls on command but that doesn’t make it any better. The weight of the 6s is harder to find a rhythm for me. I find the Spektrum ESC is very picky, and the throttle resolution is not that great on 6S, I feel that it’s primarily trying to just wow people with power. So I think you get a little bit better throttle control on them not trying to run them at max voltage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back