Typhon My first Build. The TLR Typhon story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMQUIGLEY

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
Hello everyone! Please forgive me, this is my first build post. A few years ago I got myself a TLR Typhon for Christmas. This is my first 1/8 scale RC. I have replaced the bulkheads with Vitavon bulkheads, Hot Racing center diff housing, rpm front & rear bumpers and truggified with Kraton front & rear hubs. Motor and ESC: Hobbywing. 6s battery gensacearespammers Bashing.
I have been playing around with the shock springs. I noticed many people have been putting Mojave shocks/spring on their truggified Typhons. So I bought a set of Mojave shocks from Jenny’s RC. I did not like it. I felt the shock length was too long and the springs were too soft. I went back to the stock TLR shocks (60 wt) with the Mojave springs. I noticed my Team Corally Asuga shock springs were almost identical to the Mojave’s, but they are much stiffer. The Asuga is down for a bit, bent chassis. So now the Typhon has Asuga springs. The springs are a little bit too stiff, so I bought the Team Corally medium springs for the Asuga. I think they will work for my setup.

PXL_20230808_222152135.jpg

PXL_20230808_222158495.jpg

PXL_20230808_222222088.jpg

PXL_20230808_222248308.jpg

PXL_20230808_222342502.jpg

Last edited:
Careful with those hinge pins on the TLR as they were meant for on-track racing on not bashing. I had one of mine walk out on me after one of my pills broke from a bad landing.

Nice rig brother. The Typhon is cool. I should get one……was hoping Arrma would make a 1/5 scale version.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back