My first R/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I was going through old photos from my childhood and came across this. It's me with my first (hobby grade) RC in 1990! It was a Tamiya Super Sabor. My uncle helped me build it. If I remember correctly this was when it was just finished and I hadn't even painted the body yet. I can still smell the burning resistor of the mechanical speed control! 😍
20230818_131116.jpg

I was going through old photos from my childhood and came across this. It's me with my first (hobby grade) RC in 1990! It was a Tamiya Super Sabor. My uncle helped me build it. If I remember correctly this was when it was just finished and I hadn't even painted the body yet. I can still smell the burning resistor of the mechanical speed control! 😍View attachment 317839
That's one handsome dude!!!

I was going through old photos from my childhood and came across this. It's me with my first (hobby grade) RC in 1990! It was a Tamiya Super Sabor. My uncle helped me build it. If I remember correctly this was when it was just finished and I hadn't even painted the body yet. I can still smell the burning resistor of the mechanical speed control! 😍View attachment 317839

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

What would you tell your younger self?

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

What would you tell your younger self?
Go to college... not for the career but for the p***y. (not party)
Then make as much cash as possible and buy as much stock as possible from companies called Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla as the come to market. Then sell everything in end of Febuary of 2020. Then buy it all back again in the begining of April 2020 and sell everything again in the begining of January of 2022 to retire. Also buy a shitload of Bitcoin when it comes out and sell it when it hits about $60,000. Do this and you should be a multi-billionaire. 😉

Last edited:
Then make as much cash as possible and buy as much stock as possible from companies called Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla as the come to market. Then sell everything in end of Febuary of 2020. Then buy it all back everything again in the begining of April 2020 and sell everything again in the begining of January of 2022 to retire. Also buy a shitload of Bitcoin when it comes out and sell it when it hits about $60,000. Do this and you should be a multi-billionaire. 😉

Yes.
But do you think your younger self would:
First, remember all that (especially some of those companies weren't even formed yet.)

Second, actually execute those needed actions? (Not just the p***y part of your college plan...)

I was a bit of a super nerd when I was young ,so I more than likely understood the companies..

The part about Bitcoins..
if I had known.. I would have mined the sh!t out of them when it was still possible to do so on regular home PCs and hold onto 20,000-50,000 coins.

Yes.
But do you think your younger self would:
First, remember all that (especially some of those companies weren't even formed yet.)

Second, actually execute those needed actions? (Not just the p***y part of your college plan...)

I was a bit of a super nerd when I was young ,so I more than likely understood the companies..

The part about Bitcoins..
if I had known.. I would have mined the sh!t out of them when it was still possible to do so on regular home PCs and hold onto 20,000-50,000 coins.
If I told me I could have the whole Tamiya line up plus a Lambo Countach, a Ferrari GTO and girls galore... I'd have remembered every detail. 😉

Last edited:
Then make as much cash as possible and buy as much stock as possible from companies called Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla as the come to market. Then sell everything in end of Febuary of 2020. Then buy it all back again in the begining of April 2020 and sell everything again in the begining of January of 2022 to retire. Also buy a shitload of Bitcoin when it comes out and sell it when it hits about $60,000. Do this and you should be a multi-billionaire. 😉
Or you could.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back