Kraton Monster Mojave/Fireteam-Kraton XL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey you guys! I am excited to do this build. So far I have the two most important parts... The Kraton 6s EXB and the Mojave body. I have talked about this build a lot but can't move forward with it until I get back from a month in Costa Rica. I am having fun but I only got to drive the K6 once before I left for about 5 mins at night. I planned on driving it the next day but it rained non-stop until I left. When I get back I am going to change the diff fluid and give her a few ripps while I gather the other parts necessary to complete the build. I am hoping to get an M2C chassis, braces, center drive shafts for it but may have to start with stock Mojave EXB parts and upgrade over time. I also want to do a Max6 1650kv combo but will keep the Spectrum 150a 2050kv combo until after the build is done.. sort of icing on the cake. I will be back in the states in mid January and will update this as I go along. I can't freaking WAIT! 😁

20211211_154617.jpg

20211211_154247.jpg

20211211_173903.jpg

20211211_155334.jpg

Got a TON of new parts for the build but still have some to pick up at the LHS and I keep finding out about more parts that I will need. I am driving the K6 as is for now and just enjoying it. I got the dreded diff click from what sounded like the rear, so I went in and shimmed it and topped off the fluid. Next up I will check the center and front diffs and keep driving it until I have every part I need to do the conversion. I figure it can't hurt to have things worked out before hand and it is a very fun vehicle to drive anyways. After I get the conversion done then I will work on upgrading the power system. Still considering Max6 combo but leaning toward MMX8s 1717 1650kv set up. Loving this process but man it's costing more then expected! 😆

Just left the LHS... more $$ into this build. 🙄 Once I have everything I'll make a list of what it took plus the extras I put into it. I now only need the chassis plus the front and rear chassis braces. Waiting to get those from M2C... I hope sooner then later. Really looking forward to the finished product but enjoying the process.

20220128_181659.jpg

Nice!!! I’m doing a similar build at the moment. It’s costed way more money than expected haha. I went with the Mojave exb chassis and braces. Carbon fiber towers.

Nice!!! I’m doing a similar build at the moment. It’s costed way more money than expected haha. I went with the Mojave exb chassis and braces. Carbon fiber towers.
Same boat! Way more money into my build then expected. On the home stretch but dam!

Uh oh!!! 😎

20220211_180353.jpg

20220211_180404.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting this so soon. But I just don't trust the Spectrum ESC and don't want to burn my rig up after what I am putting into it...
Now I just need my M2C chassis and braces to do the conversion. I sort of killed the rear diff the other day. I have an Arrma aluminum diff case on order along with the gears. I also have some piano wire to make some custom cup pins as I noticed the stock ones were gouged already. I was going to get Mugen ones but 17 bucks for 2 or probably 100 stronger ones for $2.50 and a little Dremel action... no brainer.

Last edited:
Cool. Not sure how I feel about carbon towers on a basher. I would think they could crack too easy. 🤔 Eventually I'll get M2C's.

Cool. Not sure how I feel about carbon towers on a basher. I would think they could crack too easy. 🤔 Eventually I'll get M2C's.
Hopefully not haha. They are supposed to be solid but who knows. Ill
Clear coat the edges so they don't split. They feel solid. If I have issues, I’ll go M2C

I just figured out I need Mojave shock towers to make the body mounts fit. I have an M2C Mojave chassis, chassis braces, rear tower brace and shock towers on the way...
Also, I picked up an HR rear aluminum diff housing, Arrma 29mm aluminum diff cup and some other little parts to build a stronger diff for the rear to start. My list of "eventual" mods is getting pretty short! I have enough parts for now once this all comes in to complete the build. I am way the F over budget now! 😳🤢🤮🤣

I have a box of parts waiting for me to build my Kraton xl. I’m extending body mounts to fit with m3 standoff’s. I might use the servos standoffs if they work but I bought a stand-off kit with various lengths just in case.

I'm building one as well, I'm in phase 3, she's all together but now going under the knife for upgrades! Curious to see the path you take :)

Parts list so far:
Mojave EXB body
Roof skids
Roll cage
Front and rear body posts
Front and rear post mounts
Tower to tower brace
M2C Shock towers
M2C Rear tower brace
M2C Front and rear chassis braces
M2C Chassis
RPM Front bumper (for rear protection)
Arrma wheelie bar
Mojave rear center drive shaft
HR aluminum diff housing
Arrma aluminum 29mm diff case
Arrma diff shims
Arrma LSD plates
McMaster Stainless steel shims
Panio wire for custom outdrive cup pins
Stainless steel screw set
Fast Eddie's sealed bearings
Castle Creations Mamba Monster 8s ESC
Castle Creations 1717 1650 KV motor
Mod1 20t pinion
Extras:
2x Genace 6800 120c Basher packs
HiTec Black Addition charger

The only thing left to upgrade is the radio and receiver. Probably going Dumborc... cheap and everyone loves them. Plus I don't have any more capital for this build right now so that should do for the time being.
Then some steering mods, stronger drive shafts, outdrive cups, and aluminum knuckles, another aluminum diff case and 2 more aluminum diff cups. Last but not least aluminum hubs, and M2C Front and rear block & pin sets and their blatterless shock caps.. Not much to do after that! 😆

Last edited:
Got this today! The rest I'll have tomorrow. Dam mail carrier didn't leave the package because they delivered it THE MOMENT I left the house for an hour and for some reason required a signature which I didn't ask for. But left the other package from the same company. 🤪

20220225_182851.jpg

The tare down in in process. I have several stripped screws already! Going to have to wait until tomorrow to get a stripped screw extractor. Arrma hardware is garbage! 🤬

Attachments

• 20220225_215749.jpg
    20220225_215749.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220225_215743.jpg
    20220225_215743.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 79
Back